Menu
niks31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo problems

Hi,

I'm a little frustrated right now after deciding to take up the offer of swapping out my V+ box for a new tivo in the bedroom upstairs.  Tivo arrived today and I followed all instructions after activating by phone as required.  Got txt to say I was good to go and could turn on equipment.  Five hours later and I'm still having issues.  The tivo starts up but gets to configuring ip connection and will not proceed past that.  Tried restarts and retries for about two hours then conceded defeat and rang Virgin.  Signal was resent but virgin man couldnt help beyond this and booked an engineer  which isn't until fri.. Ok I thought - I'll just put my old box back till then - but No!  This will now not show any channels so now I have no TV upstairs til engineer.  Wish I hadn't bothered changing now.  Why will old V+box now not show anything?

Please help before I go crazy

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo problems

Suspect signal sent to activate TiVo won't allow v+ box to be plugged back in. Assumed you made sure all cables in and secured? 

0 Kudos
niks31
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Yes - thats what I suspected too with the V+ box.  So now I have no tv to watcg upstairs which is very frustrating because Virgin make the changeover sound so simple.  All cables are correct - power cable in, hdmi cable in and coaxial cable re-attatched.  I followed the guide to the letter and have tried again today to reboot but it still fails at the configuring ip connection stage with error 7011.  I noticed that this seems to be a familiar theme with many others having the same issue too.  Frustrating because Tivo downstairs is fine as is the broadband.  Really wish I hadnt bothered acccepting swap - grr Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin offered that to me as well - replace the V+ box with a TiVo for free. I already had a TiVo and the V+ box wasn't getting used at all. An engineer came along and installed the TiVo, so it was working fine when he left. And it's still working fine. So my question to you is, didn't an engineer install it for you?

0 Kudos
niks31
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the option to have an engineer install it was never offered - I received an email and part of what it says is that self install by using Quickstart is required.  It says it's very easy to do  - yes physically removing old box and replacing with new one was easy - it was just the problems with the installation on start up that have caused this. And nobody from Virgin seems to know how to fix this remotely without sending an engineer! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello niks31,

Very sorry to hear this has happened with your new TiVo® box.

I have been able to locate your account to run a couple of checks and everything has been set up correctly and swapped with the V+ box which is why you were unable to swap them back without the code being re-added.

I can see you have the technician booked so please let me know how you get on or if you require any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos