Menu
riclatham
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo pixelation

Hi all,

I've had a new Tivo box installed two days ago and the picture quality is terrible compared to the old v+ box...

All very pixelated, compression type artifacts throughout the recordings and on live tv,especially in the black areas of the pictures

If there are any mods online can they check the connection ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo pixelation

As you may have realised by now it's far quicker to phone for help as this is primarily a user forum. Whilst the mods are about it can sometimes take a few days for them to reply. I think you have a signal issue which is odd if you've only just had TiVo installed as the engineer should have checked your signals very carefully. TiVo is very sensitive to having the correct signal level. 

0 Kudos
riclatham
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, there was no engineer it was a replacement for an older box.

Unfortunately, the lady I spoke to on the phone was not very helpful at all, hence me posting on here.

I have now told them to cancel the contract and get it picked up.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi riclatham,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting picture disruptions on your TiVo® service, this isn't good to hear.

I know you've mentioned you have requested to cancel, if you'd like to give us an other go we can help get this fixed for you.  I have carried out some checks here and there is a problem with the downstream power level which can be fixed by one of our engineers.

If you're willing to give us another chance, I will be happy to arrange for an engineer appointment for you.  We're here to help if you need us so let me know what you decide Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos