Menu
sbrad3250
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo keeps switching itself on

Hi

I have had a Tivo as a replacement for a V+ box for a few days now. After putting the box in standby overnight, most mornings it has switched itself on. Tried the helpline to no effect. This seems like a common issue but is there a solution or do I just have to accept this?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Tivo keeps switching itself on

sbrad3250 wrote:

Hi

I have had a Tivo as a replacement for a V+ box for a few days now. After putting the box in standby overnight, most mornings it has switched itself on. Tried the helpline to no effect. This seems like a common issue but is there a solution or do I just have to accept this?

Thanks

....unfortunately, you are not the only one and this is known issue - see this 12 page thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-box-Rebooting-at-06-55am-for-the...

All Replies
angie2601
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have noticed that on my Tivo box too. I put it in Standby over night (red light) , yet the next morning the standby light is green and the box in on.

I have no idea why this occurs but the box seems to be working ok. The heart symbol light stays green all the time.

I'll keep an eye on the board for a possible solution. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sbrad3250 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

....unfortunately, you are not the only one and this is known issue - see this 12 page thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-box-Rebooting-at-06-55am-for-the...

surreydude
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo has started turning itself on at about 05:00 every morning. Very annoying
0 Kudos
sbrad3250
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link, I think I will try there.
0 Kudos