Menu
mattjwarren
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo. 90 minutes of intermittent buzzing, powering on and off, and 'starting up'

Is this normal?  the intermittent buzzing doesn't sound like any harddisk i've heard before.

It will power up, make a sequence of around 20 short buzzing noises, display 'Starting up' on the screen, and then loop around again and again doing the same thing?

It did say it may take 1/2 hour, and the screen will switch on/off etc.. - and please to not turn it off etc.. during the process.

But, it's ben 90 minutes of exactly the same thing over and over?  is it busted?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo. 90 minutes of intermittent buzzing, powering on and off, and 'starting up'

Hi mattjwarren,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your TiVo® isn't loading up fully for you.  I can see you have had an engineer call out to fix this for you.

How are things looking today?  It would be great to hear how things went, if you need anything else, I'm here to help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mattjwarren
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo. 90 minutes of intermittent buzzing, powering on and off, and 'starting up'

Hi - I just noticed this.  The engineer turned up, agreed TIVO was broken out of the box and installed a new one.

All good!

But.. the broadband performance has been terrible. I made another post here today;  constant 15% packet loss (can go to 40-60%, sometimes 80%!), speeds varying  randomly throughout the day, occasionally hitting 10MB/sec, sometimes as low as 25KB. Traceroute has failures and timeouts.  I ping the router internally across the home network constantly 100% no problem.  If I try and ping the next box in line after the hub (from traceroute) I immediatley see the packet loss described above.  This is with both wired and ethernet testing.

In the evening I have suffered complete loss of internet several times for varying lengths of time Smiley Sad   I heard I can cancel in 30 days... to be honest, if this is the broadband quality I can expect in this area I'm really thinking of switching to someone else :/  (But its the first time I've had cable and the Tivo seems pretty cool ;p)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattjwarren

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In regards to this issue, I have replied to you on your other thread here and sent you a PM. If you can reply back to me on there that would be great.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos