Menu
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo user and sound is terrible/ distorted

This seems to be intermittent but is worse on iplayer - rebooting works some times and not others. What's going on?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo user and sound is terrible/ distorted

There is a setting in the 'audio settings' on TiVo where you have to say if you are using a 5.1 amp or not.

If not you should select 'Dolby Digital to PCM'    -   see if that makes any different

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that and it is still the same
0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there some problems with the reception in the area or is it my TiVo box???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi theimposter1979,

Thanks for calling by Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry for the sound disruptions you're experiencing.  I can imagine how annoying this must be, I will be happy to help get this checked out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and signal and power levels look great.  I am unable to see anything from this end that would cause this fault.  

Just to help eliminate other factors, can you please let me know if you have any audio equipment connected?  If you have, does the same happen when the audio equipment is not connected?

It's also worth trying a different HDMI lead incase it's a faulty lead causing the issue, it would be awesome if you're able to try a different HDMI lead to see if the helps.

Keep me posted on your progress.  I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'll give it a try with a different lead but there is nothing else running through it. I'm disappointed with my TiVo up to now- what with this and the YouTube fiasco!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey theimposter1979

Thanks for getting back to me, I'd love to hear how you get on with another lead. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a new lead and yes it's still intermitent - distorted on some channels without any logic. I'm paying more for an unreliable service (YouTube ) and terrible sound which I disnt have before- what the funk is going on guys?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey theimposter1979

I'm so sorry to learn that you're still experiencing this issue, I'll be doing what I can to ensure this is resolved for you as soon as possible.

So we can get as much information on this as possible, does it happen on any channels in particular? Or at any certain times? Does it happen on SD and HD channels? Does it also happen on the recorded programs?

Lastly, do you have any other devices plugged into the TV? Like a DVD player or freeview box? If so, how is the sound on those?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Appears to be a problem across all channels eg CBeebies, vintage TV, bbc 1. It is doing it now (8:29) across all channels. I have a DVD player and that works fine. Also is a problem on recorded programmes (just checked it). It doesn't happen everyday but makes the service unwatchable when it is a problem- like now :0(
0 Kudos