Menu
orlok
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo - snowy picture

Hi

I have had VirginMedia TV and Broadband since last Friday. Initially I had a TiVo in the lounge, and a V+ Box (VHD?) in the kitchen. We decided we wanted both to be TiVos and received the new TiVo box today. I installed it myself a couple of hours ago - pretty straightforward - but now the picture is showing "snow" (white speckles) and looks pretty poor.

My questions are:

- do I need to change any settings?

- is there the possibility of something interfering with the picture (we didn't get this with the V+ Box)?

- could it be a fault with the box itself?

I've also noticed, after about 2 hours of being installed, the TV listings are still not showing up. Everything still says "to be announced". I'm wondering if the service hasn't activated properly in some way?

Any suggestions welcome 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TiVo - snowy picture

Don't worry about the tv listings they take 24 hours or more to populate. 

You shouldn't have a snowy picture. Have you checked all the cable are in properly? If connected by hdmi it might be worth changing that cable. 

You could either have a signal issue (TiVo is very sensitive to having the correct signals) or a duff box. Best phone for an engineer. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't worry about the tv listings they take 24 hours or more to populate. 

You shouldn't have a snowy picture. Have you checked all the cable are in properly? If connected by hdmi it might be worth changing that cable. 

You could either have a signal issue (TiVo is very sensitive to having the correct signals) or a duff box. Best phone for an engineer. 

orlok
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Guess what? I went off to try another HDMI cable just as your post came through, and the problem is fixed! The newly supplied cable is duff. Thanks for your post, and the info on the listings - I'll be patient on that one Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can force it to load the guide by going to home-settings- network- connect to VM  (I think but you'll find it!) 

Depends on how desperate you are I guess! 

orlok
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. That did the trick.

0 Kudos