Menu
Michaelmaynard
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box

I recently had a new TiVo box fitted to replace an existing one.  Since it was fitted my electricity supply has been tripped four times. Always around 2am  I know updates are sent around that time so could there be a fault somewhere that is making this happen?  It's a very big coincidence that this started happening after the new box was fitted.  I had no problems with the original box.  I also have a V + box in the bedroom. Never been any problem with that. I'm going to unplug the TiVo box at midnight every night.  If the problem persists then I will know it's not the TiVo box. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TiVo box

Hello Michaelmaynard,

Welcome to the community.

This is a strange one but if it is the box I would like to send one of the team out to check things over, are you still experiencing this issue now?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Michaelmaynard,

Welcome to the community.

This is a strange one but if it is the box I would like to send one of the team out to check things over, are you still experiencing this issue now?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Michaelmaynard
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I won't know for sure for a few days.  I'm turning the box off at midnight I'm on my third day now. If it trips again it's not the box. If it doesn't then it must be.  It's happened four times so far every time at 2am. I will give it a week and get back to you. Thankyou. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you, perhaps, have a central heating system that's been kicking in overnight, due to the recent colder weather?

0 Kudos
Michaelmaynard
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No we have a gas central heating and water system triggered by electric clock but the water doesn't come on till 7 am the heating hasn't been on since last April. Definitely not that. I'm waiting to rule out the TiVo then I will look at fridge freezer etc. It just seems a coincidence it's 2am every few days. No one else seems to have this problem so mayby I'm on the wrong track.  I will know in a few days anyway. Watch this space. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Michaelmaynard,

Just a quick message to see if everything has been okay with your TiVo® since your last post?

Any problems let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contact a electrician
0 Kudos
Michaelmaynard
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Rose.  Well the situation is I've been turning my TiVo box off at midnight since the last time the power tripped nine days ago. Since then the problem hasn't happened. So as it's happened four times since the TiVo box was fitted all around 2am when your sending updates through and not at all while its unplugged to me it's pretty obvious there's a problem with the box or the connection.  I'm no expert and I appreciate there's been no other reports about this problem but the facts are there.  TiVo box plugged in power trips. TiVo box unplugged no problems.  So I would appreciate this being investigated. Thankyou. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Michaelmaynard,

Thanks for getting back to me and thank you for your patience testing the box. What I would like to do in this case is to send a technician to check the box and check whether there's a faulty connection that's causing this.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos