Menu
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box keeps boot looping

Hi,

I've just switched from sky a week ago and noticed that when the TiVo box was left overnight it kept wanting to be rebooted in the morning, I thought it may have something to do with the standby setting so turned it off, it's still doing it but now I'm getting a purple screen that I have to pull the plug on to get it to restart. Rang customer services wherever that is and was told it would need to be monitored for 48 hours before it could be escalated. I explained I've been having this issue since the box arrived but the lady on the phone was very dismissive and insisted I wait the 48 hours before ringing back, really starting to wish now I'd stayed with sky. At least they would have tried to resolve there and then and arrange a tech if it couldn't be resolved. Now I have to wait till Monday to ring back and wait for a tech to be arranged. Very poor.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo box keeps boot looping

I agree I have had that advice in the past, it is nonsense & because the person on the phone doesn't know how to fix the problem. Hang up & try again in the hope you get someone with more knowledge. Of course you need a technician. That in itself can be the luck of the draw, hope you resolve it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jasbe,

Cheers for coming in and letting the Community know about this. I can see this is the first time so welcome in.

I'm sorry about the screen here and with this looping. I've had a look into all boxes here and cannot see anything wrong from here. I would like to ask if you're still experiencing issues here?

Keep in touch and if there's anything I can so please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, I followed a previous thread on here with the three steps to try and stop it, none of these worked so I did the refresh and re load of virgin services and everything is ok up to now. Thanks for the reply though,

Cheers,

Jason
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the update Jasbe,

I'm pleased to hear that all is ok now for you.

If you do have any further problems, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, looks like it isn't ok, came back from working away and all the programmes that were set to record have only recorded roughly 5-7 mins of each as it says power out in the bottom right hand corner when I check recording errors, checked record settings and they are set at 1 min before and 5 after , rang up again to be told it would need to be monitored for another 24 hours so told them I wanted to cancel the subscription, put through to cancellations would talked me into waiting the 24 hours and extended my cancellation period. Just got up and turned it on and it's purple screened so had to hold power button for a reset, haven't checked what was recorded last night but don't hold out much hope, I'll leave it till tonight and ring back but it I don't get any positive action I'll be forced to cancel, cheers for replying though, Jason
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jasbe, 

Thank you for getting back in touch and letting the Team know Smiley Happy I'm afraid that Collette's not in at this moment however I'd love to help.

After reading this and seeing that you've already had some help I feel it's best we get someone out to you. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Speak to you again soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos