Menu
billyo
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo Box

I've just received a  TiVo box & the supplied cable for the TV isn't long enough as the hub is about 15m cable length from the proposed box position. How & where can I get a longer cable? I am capable of installing the cable once I have sourced it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo Box

Can you please confirm which cable is too short?

Co-ax cable for connecting TiVo to the cable outlet;

HDMI cable to connect the TiVo to your TV;

Ethernet cable to connect the TiVo to the Superhub (not needed for normal operation).

0 Kudos
billyo
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1. The cable to connect the TiVo to the splitter, which is connected to the incoming cable.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your best bet would be to use the supplied cable and then get a long HDMI cable to connect the TiVo to your TV.

0 Kudos
billyo
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That would mean that TiVo would be in a different room to the TV so that's not really a practical solution

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

...then your situation was not suitable for QuickStart as you require your co-ax connection point moved a considerable distance.

I would suggest you need to arrange a manned install.

0 Kudos
billyo
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ernie,

Is there a cost for this & would the engineer run the cable under floorboards etc?

Why can't you send me a cable so that I can install it myself?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi billyo,

Our Quickstart team will be able to confirm if there will be any cost, if you give them a call our team there can advise you.  Their contact number will be in the paperwork that came with the equipment when it was delivered to you.  In case you don't have it handy here’s the number: 0800 953 9500.

Generally it's ideal to have the cabling easily accessible in case there's any fault  somewhere down the line, they will do the tidiest job possible to make sure it's all discreet and not loose cabling.

If longer cabling is required then the signal will need to be adjusted also so it doesn't impact the service to yourself or other customers in the nearby area.  Give our team a call and let us know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us.  

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
spoonfed
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Webro WF100  is the cable you need. Stick to the Webro brand it's the best quality. Don't forget to buy F plugs to terminate the ends.

You may find it on ebay too.

0 Kudos