Menu
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New TiVO box on my account

I have had just one TiVO for three years and was surprised today to see there are now two boxes in my account.  The old one is shown as default and connected; the new one as not connected.

There is a new menu option to copy TiVO settings (not recordings!) from one box to the other and on this page, both boxes are shown as "Active" and have a column next to that for "de-activation date".  This is luckily blank so far.

I have not placed an order, nor been told of an update or exchange, so does anyone know what's going on?  My package doesn't qualify for the new V6 box.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TiVO box on my account

This is fairly common.

Nothing you're being billed for, and seemingly nothing which can be done to remove it either.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the other entries are for registered TV Anywhere devices, rather than actual boxes.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is fairly common.

Nothing you're being billed for, and seemingly nothing which can be done to remove it either.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 TIVO boxes and mine was showing 4 boxes, 2 which I had renamed previously and 2 with just the number. I am getting 2 replacement V6 boxes on Friday so I wasn't too worried.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the other entries are for registered TV Anywhere devices, rather than actual boxes.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - it might be because I registered a "new" device yesterday for TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos