Menu
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Samsung Tivo keeps rebooting

Hi,

So i recently had a new Samsung Tivo installed to replace my previous very early Cisco Tivo that was so slow it was impossible to use.

The new Samsung Tivo is much quicker to use through the menus but it has a very annoying habit of just rebooting when you are in the middle of a TV programme. (Live TV, not recorded).

And of course they take 5mins to complete the boot cycle, so you end up missing a chunk of the programme.

Can an Admin please connect to my Tivo and check the logs and let me know why its doing this ?. Or get someone here to fix it.

thanks !.

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
Marshy84
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Samsung Tivo keeps rebooting

Iv got 4 doin it crashes then goes 2-3 times in reboot mode before coming on
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello paul_taylor,

This shouldn't be happening so what I would like to do is to arrange for one of our engineers to check the box.

I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marshy84,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

There could be something wrong with the signal levels if this is happening with all four boxes so I'll need to get someone out to check them.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Talk to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos