Menu
Scrapdoodle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Contract Warning

A word (well a few words actually) of warning

A few months ago, I received a phone call from Virginmedia asking if I would like some extra TV channels on my Tivo Box.  I could have them free of charge for six months after which time, if I kept them, I would be charged an extra £5 per month.  I was free to cancel the additional channels any time before the six months with no charge whatsoever.  

We made virtually no use of the extra channels so after five months I rang Virginmedia to cancel them and revert to our original set-up.  A few days later I received notification from Virgimedia telling me that as I had cancelled the additional channels, I was now into a new 12 month contract from the date of cancellation (even though I had simply reverted to my previous contract).  Needless to say, this was not explained when their offer was made.  Today I received a letter telling me that the price would be increasing by £42 a year.  Insult on injury.

So, If you only have a couple of months left on your contract and you are thinking of bargaining or leaving,  beware of freebie offers from Virgimedia

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Contract Warning

Either way they had you. If you'd kept the channels it would've been a new contract if you didn't.....well you know!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The price rise means you can cancel without penalty if you so wish

Scrapdoodle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for late reply - Just back from holiday.

Thanks for the suggestion dannylau.  I might give them a call just before the increase date.

0 Kudos