Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New BT Sports channel.

I got a letter yesterday telling me that my package will be going up by £3 a month, so the new BT Sports channel isn't being given to XL customers out of the goodness of Virgin Media's heart.

The fact that it seem to be a mainly football channel interests me not a jot as I hate the game.

I threw thew letter away in disgust but it was going on about how much we've been given such as extra HD channels one of which was Sky 1, I'm sure we've had that since before the last increase, and probably the one before that.

Shame they didn't make the new BT channel opt in at an extra charge, I'm sure football fans would have been happy to be further ripped off to watch their over paid under performing heroes kick an inflated bladder round a field.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New BT Sports channel.

The issue is that BT have launched their new channel in the middle of the existing channel deal with VM.

This deal expires at the end of the upcoming season.

While little consolation in the immediate short term, I would be very surprised if the BT Sport offerings aren't broken off as an additional bundle (as Sky Sports presently is) at the conclusion of those negotiations.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New BT Sports channel.

This could be so but I doubt I will get a £3 a month reduction when if and when it happens.