Menu
Cammy69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

New American Horror Story Advertised But Not Available

Hi. Has anyone noticed that the New American Horror Story Series started on Fox last night and is supposed to be available on Catch Up? After a friend told me they had seen an advert for it (they aren't on Virgin) I searched fot it last night via my Tivo and was surprised to see that the only shows for the next 2 weeks were repeats. When I turned on my TV today a shiny recommendation box stating that the first episode of the new series aired last night and is available on Catch Up. I cant find it on Catch Up and have to wait until Wednesday to record the repeat. Am I doing something wrong?

Added to the issues I'm having with Movies on Demand (reported elsewhere) I'm becoming increasingly tired of the failure of basic services.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: New American Horror Story Advertised But Not Available

It can take a little while for things to get put up on catch up. I'd give it til tomorrow. If it's not there then complain!

0 Kudos
Cammy69
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response but I'd not expect Virgin to announce immediate availability of a show when it's not, I've never experienced that before (I guess I'm lucky). As the TV Guide is supposed to show programmes up to 2 weeks in advance surely they should show up the night of airing, in this case it did not.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think that one dept doesn't always talk to the other. If you see what I mean. You could try rebooting but I don't think it would help. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I just noticed it didn't record for me last night, seems they changed the name of it form American Horror Story 6 To American Horror Story My Roanoke Nightmare, thanks for that Virgin it's repeated next week on Wednesday

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unless I'm going senile, I think you've had to create a new series link for all new American Horror Story seasons.

Cammy69
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the metadata isnt being used properly. Searching for "My Roanoake..." returns "American Horror Story: My Roanoake..." but searching for "American Horror Story" doesnt. Still no catchup as advertised by Virgin no matter what I look for though.
0 Kudos
Cammy69
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You aren't senile. I remember that from a few years ago but I don't remember the extent to which the show was hidden from searches in the guide and advertised available services.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Unless I'm going senile, I think you've had to create a new series link for all new American Horror Story seasons.

I did create a new series link from the guide, they must have change the name, my series link is called American Horror story 6, but sometime this week they must have changed the name making the series link useless

CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes let's all complain that we have had to wait a lifetime (48 hours) for a Tv show!
Then let's complain about the wait on the phone to speak to customer service not at all impacted by people "complaining" about nonsense ...
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos