Menu
tanya1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Never miss

I have just joined Virgin from sky

I loved the online nevermiss service, it was so quick to find a search for series and films and then ensure you did not miss them when they came up, it just automatically recorded.

With virgin, It looks from what everyone has said that you can only do this from the box, not online, this I find rather horrifying, as I find the tivo box unpleasant, very clunky and it would take me ages of sweat and squinting (and being beeped at regularly when i press a button it does not like!) to do a never miss on all the random series of different programs I dont want to miss. Is this really the only way of doing it, Virgin has no online never miss service?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Never miss

Dont know if you are aware, but you can still use sky never miss. I have been using this since joining virgin. Just login (sky.com/nevermiss) - it asks me if i have a sky account, just say no then can use as normal. Get a email when a show starts - which is usually within one week and search either using anywhere app or on my tivo then set a series link from there. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Sky box would forget series links when a particular series ended, whereas the TiVo doesn't, therefore once you've set up the series link it will automatically record all future series, so there isn't a need for the "Never Miss" feature, the box just does it automatically.

You can also set up series links on the TV Anywhere app or website, which is generally quicker and easier than using the box. 

0 Kudos
tanya1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I will have a look at tv anywhere, I am finding it relatively easy to set recordings for future or new series, but it is allot harder to record something that is not on at the moment, was first aired a few years ago and you want to not miss when series 1 or pilot comes up again.

thanks

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dont know if you are aware, but you can still use sky never miss. I have been using this since joining virgin. Just login (sky.com/nevermiss) - it asks me if i have a sky account, just say no then can use as normal. Get a email when a show starts - which is usually within one week and search either using anywhere app or on my tivo then set a series link from there. 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tanya1 wrote:

Thank you. I will have a look at tv anywhere, I am finding it relatively easy to set recordings for future or new series, but it is allot harder to record something that is not on at the moment, was first aired a few years ago and you want to not miss when series 1 or pilot comes up again.

thanks

Wishlists? Search & Discover > My Wishlist Searches

either Auto Recording or not, AR would grab whatever matched and record it but, being a control freak, I would choose to not AR but have a look at upcoming matches every week or so.

0 Kudos
tanya1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks yes i think you are right, this is the solution. Thanks for the advice

0 Kudos