Menu
McHilti
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Network cable unplugged

My TiVo has been working fine for ages but suddenly I am getting a C130 error message coming up. When I check my network status it says that my network cable is unplugged. I restarted the box, no joy.

I have been using an over power LAN to connect to the router without problem so I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, no luck. I also have my laptop and Xbox connected to the same LAN. Both of these work perfectly so the power LAN part is ok.

I did a diagnostic on my Xbox and had full network connectivity so I unplugged its ethernet connector and plugged that into the TiVo. It still says that the cable is unplugged.
I next repeated the above but this time using the laptop and still had the same error message come up.

Can anyone suggest something else that I can try short of wiping everything on the box?

Thanks

Thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network cable unplugged

That message means you have a RF signal fault, you need to ring virgin

0 Kudos
McHilti
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll give that a go and let you know how things turn out.
0 Kudos
McHilti
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorted!

Your mentioning the r.f. fault put me on the right track. I've recently had some work done around the guttering so on the off chance I had a look and saw a damaged co-axial cable. Fortunately I was able to patch it with some Type F connectors and a gender bender. sealed it all up and everything,s fine.

Thanks for the tip, That would have been embarrassing and possibly costly if I had had to call an engineer out.

0 Kudos