Menu
Benandlauren
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network availability C133

Watching Netflix, the the system buffers up to 25% then system crash. Attempted to log back in and continue watching Netflix wishbone same outcome as before (25% buffer), then crash. Reset system fully ie. Standby then switch to off position. Reboot taken 5-10 minutes depending on signal strength. Reloaded Netflix after another several minutes of anticipation and willing the service to load we are successful. So in layman's terms DO A FULL RESET.
0 Kudos
ice198625
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network availability C133

Hi

There are a few reasons this may be happening

1. your signal strength from the box to your house may be weak this can happen due to a faulty tap port in the cabinet, an engineer has moved your down to a lower tap to free the tap for his own install, The Tivo box may be faulty

2. The cable could be damaged externally or there could be a network issue try checking on virgin medias service status page and enter your postcode

also try going to settings, network and reconnect to virgin media network

IF ALL REST FAILS BOOK AN ENGINEER TO VISIT YOUR PROPERTY MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TEMPORARY CONNECTED OFF NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS BOX AS THIS ALSO LOWERS SIGNALS DUE TO SPLITTERS

(The following advice is my own, I work for Virgin Media (Residential Install Engineer)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Benandlauren

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment and I'd like to take a closer look.

I've not been able to locate your account information unfortunately, so I can take a closer look at this from our end could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wezince
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same problem. not had on Demand or Netflix for about a month now also some of the HD channels don't work.

I called customer services and was told that it was due to " Too many people using the service in my area" I asked for an engineer to come out as I wasn't entirely happy with the answers she was giving me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi wezince,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your TiVo® service at the moment.

I have taken a look to see what's going on for you.  As you mentioned you have an engineer calling out which is great, I have also looked more into any possible network faults.

At present there is a network issue that will cause issues with App's via the TiVo® box.  Usually buffering but can cause picture quality issues.  This will happen mainly at peak times.  The reference for this is: F003739937 and our engineering teams are working to improve the network to resolve any high demand issues.

In regards to having problems with your HD channels, this will be something our engineer will be able to help with.  It would be great to hear back how you get on, please keep us posted.

We're here to help if you need us Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos