Menu
JohannaS40
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Hi for the last week when I'm trying to watch Netflix it keeps buffering at 25% says no internet then choose another title -Customer Service are their usual unhelpful self said go to Netflix but it's fine on iPad and MacBook just TiVo that's the problem so I'm stuck who can sort this out? Any advice would be great
0 Kudos
SteerPike
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezing at 25%

Many posts on this going back at least 2 years, I gave up and cancelled Netflix.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Netflix-25-buffering-problem-on-TiVo-...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohannaS40

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with Netflix on your TiVo box at the moment.

Although we have been experiencing some errors with Netflix stopping at 25% we're not seeing too much of it at the moment, with that in mind does this issue occur every time you try and use Netflix? Does it occur at certain times of the day if not?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohannaS40
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
It's only been happening for the past 2 weeks but seems to be all the time whatever I watch
0 Kudos
SteerPike
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been a problem on many different platforms for a long time.

In my opinion, it can only be an issue with Netfix and is not caused by Virginmedia.

I strongly suspect that the cause is known but is not widely published.

My guess is that it is not a buffering or freezing issue at all but simply that at the 25% stage the Netflix software connects to the Netflix servers to perform various checks and sometimes this process fails.

Probably these checks are designed to control such things as licensing, check how many devices are in use, and attempt to prevent the bypassing of geographic access controls.

I haven't tried it because I gave up on Netflix, but it could be worth trying to revalidate the connection with Netflix by logging out of the Netflix account onTV, TiVo, tablet, phone, PC, and anything else that is connected and then logging in on just one and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohannaS40, 

I'm sorry that you have been experiencing a problem with your Netflix buffering at 25%. Have you noticed problems with any other TiVo app? 

I've run tests to your TiVo and everything looks good with the box--I'm not seeing any timeout errors or signal problems, but I've refreshed the network connection to see if this will help. Please reboot the TiVo and let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos