Menu
Steve-Hamster
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Can anybody advise me why Virgin Media bother to have a Netflix channel when the modem in the Tivo box is completely inadequate in terms on running the service - it takes ages to load and frequently freezes.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Hey there Steve-Hamster,

Thank you for your message, I can see this is your first time, welcome in Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the Netflix channel hasn't been the best, I would like to ask if you're seeing the same issue in the app also from the Home menu?

I have tested the TiVo and it's looking really healthy right now, is this happening in the evening at all, or weekends?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Steve-Hamster
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I've just found out about the Netflix app, so I'm going to give that a try and see if that works any better.

We tend to watch Netflix of an evening - but sometimes it takes so long to get started we just give up.

I'll let you know how the app works!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Steve

0 Kudos
Steve-Hamster
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried the app now Ben.  It worked OK the first time I tried, but have just tried again now and it took 6 minutes to load Netflix and then, when the programme did start, it was in jerky slow motion with no sound.  It was also impossible to pause, rewind or stop it.  

Netflix works find on my PC and on my old Nintendo Wii, which still leads me to believe that it is the Tivo box's modem that cannot cope.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steve,

Cheers for the reply, it's clear to see that there is an issue without going into it. 

I was able to retest the connection and there has been a fault of SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), this may have not been picked up at the time of your message but I do believe it's got something to do with the outage:-

Outage reference: F004855085

Est review date:    9th November 2016

Once that date has passed, retest and come back to me, I'll be here to test this with you.

Ben

0 Kudos
Steve-Hamster
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben - will do

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve Smiley Happy

I hope you're well. 

I was just going through some old posts and was interested to see how you were getting on, looks like the SNR issue has been resolved early, which is always nice. 

Can you tell me if your still having some issues? We can pick up from where we left off Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos
Steve-Hamster
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Ben - haven't watched Netflix in the last few days, but I'll let you know how I get on.

Steve

0 Kudos