Menu
Scottadams1986
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Help please...

I have had virgin media for weeks now and am trying to sign in with an account that works on everything else but my TiVo box.

I just keep getting told to try again later Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Hi Scottadams1986,

A warm welcome to the forums.  I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing Netflix via the TiVo® box.

I will be happy to help check this out with you.  

Try these steps:

Press the Home button on the remote.

Once this has been complete, try and sign in again.  Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

1. Select Apps & Games.
  2. Select All Apps
  3. Select Netflix.
  4. Using the arrows on your remote (Circle with arrowes button), enter the following sequence:
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
  5. Select Sign Out.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Scottadams1986
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for this..I keep following your instructions and still I'm unable to sign in...it keeps telling me "We are unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later." I've had Virgin Media for 2 months now and the whole time I've been unable to use Netflix. Please sort it out!

Thanks,
Scott
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry that this still isn't working for you.

If you can try doing a service connection with the TiVo® this may help to resolve the issue.  Follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORKS > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This process usually takes around a few minutes to complete.  Once this has been done re-try the Spotify app and let me know how you get on.  

Thanks for your patience, let me know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Gradthar
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar problem, and have been since last Saturday.

I just called 150 and spoke to the call centre agent who was unable to provide me with any positive step towards resolution. She simply gave me another number to call (0800 service issue no) and said that there was a known issue with the broadband and an engineer was looking into it.

I'd alraedy checked teh service status online and yes, there is a known broadband issue (which may prevent users from signing into their personal webspace) but nothing about TV.

She was unable to help me further.

I called the number, which hung up on me after telling me there were no faults in my area.

I have:

• Repeatedly restarted all of my equipment on different days.
  • Performed the service connection step described in the previous post here.
  • Attempted to perform the Up Up Down Down code described in the earlier post on this thread to no avail, as clicking on the netflix app icon on the apps screen simply causes the tivo to hang and do nothing.

Currently, I am extremely frustrated. I can appreciate a glitch for a couple of days, but a week? Not cool.

At the moment, trying to get into Netflix does one of two things:

• Tells me it's unavailable (error A01)
  • Brings up the circle loading screen and then dumps me back to the 'push the red button' netflix splash screen.

Although we don't watch other on demand services, going to the on demand entry on the Home menu tells me that "These services are currently unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes." Well, I've waited. Long enough now.

I'm also aware, from reading the community forums that there's a known problem with the Tivo box hardware being too low spec to properly support on demand services like Netflix. 

I'd like a resolution to the issue please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gradthar,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting problems using Netflix and On Demand right now.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely with the box, I have found that the signal and power levels are all fine and within spec.  There's no network high demand issues which is good to see.

Only thing I did find is an extremely high number of time-outs on the line.  Would you mind if I reboot your box remotely and monitor the situation for a few hours please?  Or if you prefer, reboot your box your end and let me know when this has been done.

I will need to check the box again once this has been done so please keep me posted.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
Gradthar
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for the response. Please feel free to reboot any time today.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gradthar,

Thanks for your reply and allowing me to reboot your TiVo® remotely Smiley Happy

I have now rebooted the box so I will keep an eye on things from here over the next few hours.  If you can also re-try the Netflix/On Demand service to see if there's any improvement at all please, that would be great Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Gradthar
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sure thing. It will be tonight by the time I'm able to check, but I'll leave a note here once I've had a go.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem Gradther Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette.

0 Kudos