Menu
Stanners2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Spoke to Virgin last night about Netflix dropping out on my Tv. According to Virgin they have been aware of this for sometime, llast couple of months. Looking on the community pages this has been going on more than a year. Only advice from Virgin was use your tablet or phone for Netflix, wow we can all sit round our 40 inch tv and watch Netflix on my phone. Did ask virgin to send me details how to complain , still waiting details. Anybody else got same problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Hi Stanners2016,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Netflix through TiVo® at the moment.  I would like to help check this further if that's ok?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great signal and power level wise.  Also there's no high demand issues affecting the network you are connected to which is great to see.

Can you please tell me more about exactly what happens when Netflix fails to work correctly via TiVo®?  Whilst we do have an issue that we are working on I'd like to get a bit more information from you if that's ok?  If you can please let me know the following:

* What symptoms occur when the fault happens?

* Has the box been rebooted (Powered off/on)?

* Is the heartbeat light flashing on your box when the fault occurs?

* Is this happening during peak hours or at anytime of the day?

Have you tried performing 2 service connections?  (HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO THE VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW > OK - This process may take a few minutes to complete)

* When did you first experience the issue?

* Is there a recording taking place when issue occurred?

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions, with the information you pass to me will help us greatly.

Thanks for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stanners2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Symptons - I am watching a film on Netflix and it suddenly stops and starts buffering, it stops at 25% and a screen comes up with Sorry we cannot connect you,exit or details. We then have to reconnect to Netflix. This can happen 4 or 5 times in a film. Not good

Box has been rebooted

Not noticed the Heartbeat flashing on box

This happens at Peak times 20.00 - 23.00

Not tried the service connections , will do next time it happens

This has started since January 2016 following a reboot on the 29th December 2015.

No recording taking place.

According to Netflix who i have rang and explained the problem to, they have been excellent sent me an E mail with ways to check my box and connections if it happens again. they said it can be down to demand, the service provider Virgin limits users thats why it is buffering.

When you think how much i pay a month, and I have 100mb down load not very good as a service provider.

Thank you for your time, any answers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stanners2016,

Thank you for your detailed reply, this is great stuff Smiley Happy

I appreciate your time in providing the requested information for me.  I have re-checked everything I checked last time and all is still looking fine with the signal and there's no high demand issues on the network at present.  

Did you have any joy with the service connections over the week end?

Let me know how this has gone and we can take this further if needed Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos