Menu
Jenandpaul
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Netflix won't accept password but iPhone iPad will reset password tells me there is an error process

we have been happily using Netflix through the TiVo Apps - I say happily there is very often a long delay between pressing a button and something happening - until one day it asked us to sign in - we used the correct email and password that we use on Apple TV and iPad but The TiVo app rejected it.  We have tried the password reset but it says"There was an error processing your request.  Please try again later"

this is has been going on for a couple of weeks - the box has been turned on and off a couple of times - but still won't work getting really really fed up with it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix won't accept password but iPhone iPad will reset password tells me there is an error ...

Hi Jenandpaul,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to access your Netflix app via the TiVo®. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and ran testing to your equipment. I am seeing an issue with the tuners as well as a high demand issue that our engineers are working on in your area.

I have sent new signals to your TiVo® to see if we can get this working. Could you please unplug the TiVo® for a minute, then power it back up. 

If it still isn't working, try signing out of Netflix: Click on this link to see the instruction post

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix won't accept password but iPhone iPad will reset password tells me there is an error ...

Hi Jenandpaul,

I'm just checking back with you, as I haven't had a response since my last post to you regarding the Netflix issue you reported.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Cheers.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jandpagain
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi terri

we have been away for a couple of days - BTW we have a new user id as the site would not let us reset the password kept saying correct the error.

Getting very very hulk like at the moment
0 Kudos
jandpagain
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK back from a break in North Yorkshire - saw the sea - North Sea is looking quite blue for a change - so really chilled.  Looking forward to watching the latest episode of dusk till dawn on Netflix via Tivo.

Saw the reply - thought ok let's give it a go.

Tried to enter new password - No record of that account on our systems

Tried again (you never know I might have typed it incorrectly ) - No record of that account......   (starting to become less chilled now)

Turned off everything at the wall for about 5 mins (Jen irritated as she can't look at something on her iPad) 

Waited for it to start up

Tried again (you never know I might have typed it incorrectly ) - No record of that account......  

Re-entered email address for Netflix and password - No record of that account......   (not chilled now not even coolish)

Went to laptop and access account details and asked it to sign out of all accounts.  Then signed out of Netflix on laptop.

Tried to enter new password - No record of that account on our systems   (temper starting to rise, skin starting to turn green, urge to smash and call Jen a puny human)

Went to forum page and tried to sign in - invalid name / password !!!!!!!!!!  (I know what password I used )

decided after trying password a couple of times to reset password.  

Clicked on link in email (by the way I did try this in Chrome as well as Safari before you ask )

Entered password twice ..........  Correct the highlighted errors and try again / Sorry we are unable to reset your password

Ended up having to create a new account because I couldn't see where the highlighted part was.

I looked at the reply about signing out of Netflix - with the up arrow down arrow etc etc -

Have you ever used a TiVo box ?

You have to press any key about 5 times for it to work then it normally takes you back to the home screen.

One fundamental issue with the suggestion - the clue is in the title -

WE CANNOT SIGN INTO NETFLIX

- if we could sign into Netflix there wouldn't be a problem.

So we still can't sign into Netflix - any chilled feeling has now gone and 

I am feeling decidedly angry..................

HULK SMASH!!!!!

Man Frustrated Man Frustrated Man Frustrated Man Frustrated 

0 Kudos
jandpagain
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Jenandpaul,

I'm just checking back with you, as I haven't had a response since my last post to you regarding the Netflix issue you reported.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Cheers.

Hi Terri 

We are still having problems - realised I should have replied rather than make another post - 

Here is the post from last week - have become less green now Smiley Happy

OK back from a break in North Yorkshire - saw the sea - North Sea is looking quite blue for a change - so really chilled.  Looking forward to watching the latest episode of dusk till dawn on Netflix via Tivo.

Saw the reply - thought ok let's give it a go.

Tried again (you never know I might have typed it incorrectly ) - No record of that account......   (starting to become less chilled now)

Turned off everything at the wall for about 5 mins (Jen irritated as she can't look at something on her iPad) 

Waited for it to start up

Tried again (you never know I might have typed it incorrectly ) - No record of that account......  

Re-entered email address for Netflix and password - No record of that account......   (not chilled now not even coolish)

Went to laptop and access account details and asked it to sign out of all accounts.  Then signed out of Netflix on laptop.

Tried to enter new password - No record of that account on our systems   (temper starting to rise, skin starting to turn green, urge to smash and call Jen a puny human)

Went to forum page and tried to sign in - invalid name / password !!!!!!!!!!  (I know what password I used )

decided after trying password a couple of times to reset password.  

Clicked on link in email (by the way I did try this in Chrome as well as Safari before you ask )

Entered password twice ..........  Correct the highlighted errors and try again / Sorry we are unable to reset your password

Ended up having to create a new account because I couldn't see where the highlighted part was.

I looked at the reply about signing out of Netflix - with the up arrow down arrow etc etc -

Have you ever used a TiVo box ?

You have to press any key about 5 times for it to work then it normally takes you back to the home screen.

One fundamental issue with the suggestion - the clue is in the title -

WE CANNOT SIGN INTO NETFLIX

- if we could sign into Netflix there wouldn't be a problem.

So we still can't sign into Netflix - any chilled feeling has now gone and 

I am feeling decidedly angry..................

HULK SMASH!!!!!

Man Frustrated Man Frustrated Man Frustrated Man Frustrated 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jandpagain,

Many thanks for coming back to the Community. I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing, I can imagine the frustration and I'd like to help.

I can see that you've used 2 other devices, this could indicate a Netflix issue. I can also see that you've tried a password reset, when doing this, can you tell me or post a picture of when this happens?

Are you able to log into the Netflix site here

Keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kavanf1
Settling in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've had the same issue described in this post, and also raised here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Netflix-Log-in-wont-work/m-p/2958805/h...

I've eliminated all other possibilities regarding the issue with Netflix - it works on Kindles, iPads, Galaxy tablet, laptop and PC in my house - it's only the Tivo box it is failing on. Clearly there is some kind of issue here, perhaps to do with password characters that people are using, that results in a small number of people getting rejections despite entering correct details into the login screen for Netflix on the Tivo box. Please help, it's driving my family nuts that we can't watch Netflix on our main screen. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeCookson
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So we had the same issue and after spending forever being told it was my issue with Netflix rather than the box, did the following and it worked....

press home button on TiVo remote, Select help and settings, select system info, select Netflix account information, then select sign out of Netflix account, it tells you to confirm by pressing down thumb 3 times and last channel..... Once confirmed you can press home button again go to search and discover and select Netflix, you will be asked to sign in again, use the same details as you would on tablet or computer and hopefully if like my issue it will all work for you

mike

Bethtaywit
Just joined
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was having th exact same problem and mike's solution worked for me.
Thank you Mike!!!
0 Kudos