Menu
Frankwell
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix very very slow and buffer issues

For about 6 months now I've had issues with Netflix ranging from it taking five minutes to load up just the user screen, buffering issues and programmes stopping and having to restart them. It is irrelevant what time of day or actual day. Please can someone help identify the issue and whether I should just cancel the subscription? Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix very very slow and buffer issues

Hi Frankwell,

Welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're experiencing disruption when using Netflix right now.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out a few checks and all is looking fine signal and power level wise.  Network wise all is looking fine here also, I'm pleased to report there's no high demand issues affecting the network your TiVo® is connected to. 

I would like to get a little more information form you if that's ok?  If you can reply with the following details:

*  Does this happen to other apps like BBC iPlayer/YouTube?  (If you don't normally use these apps, can you give them a try and let me know if you get the same or similar symptoms?)

*  If you reboot the box, is there a difference is speed afterwards?

If you can let me know I can check further.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Frankwell
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't use the other apps so I don't have a reference point. They seem a little slow to load, buffering is slow and a bit staggered when it plays. Rebooting makes no difference. Any further thoughts to test?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frankwell, 

Many thanks for coming back and letting us know on what's been going on. I've been running some additional tests and I can see that there have been some considerable timeouts while online. Can I ask you to reboot the TiVo and recheck the Netflix?

Many thanks and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Frankwell
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I followed your instructions and have tested since. Seems a bit better but it still takes a long time to load Netflix and there are still disruptions. Any further thoughts? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frankwell,

Thanks for getting back to us.  

I have re-checked the box remotely and the time-outs are still present.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round and investigate why the excessive amounts of time-outs are taking place.  There's nothing happening that I can detect remotely, an engineer will be able to get this sorted.

To arrange an appointment I will pop the details in a private message.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Frankwell
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Hope you are well.

Following the previous string, since we had the engineer around things have progressively got worse, not only with Netflix (which sometimes we can't even get access to) but even with opening menus within normal Virgin TV, e.g. TV guide, my recordings etc. It's got to the extent where we want to consider other TV suppliers because it's just frustrating. Coupled with that we keep losing wifi signal in the house and have to revert to 4G to get access to the internet.

But before we go down that avenue I wanted to discuss it with you first as you were so helpful last time. Is there anything that can be done to improve the service or is this part of the ongoing issues?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos