Menu
pjr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Netflix useless again on TV last evening.

We keep getting told that you are collaborating with Netflix to resolve the constant buffering problem. Can you please get on with it, I haven't been able to watch an uninterrupted film for two months. For several months previously there was no problem.I expect action from an organization of your standing not explanations and excuses.pjr1

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix useless again on TV last evening.

Hi pjr1,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the issue with Netflix is taking some time to resolve.  

We're keen to resolve this as soon as we can, as soon as we know more we shall keep you posted.

Thank you for you patience.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pjr1
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Did you read my message carefully? If so you have evaded answering it. By purchasing a Smart Stick and Wi-Fi enabling my 7 year old TV I now watch Netflix without the interruption of buffering. No thanks to you, my requests for help have  just been dealt with as a puerile PR exercise Very disappointing.pjr1

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjr1,

We have carefully read your message. As Collette advised, this is a known issue that is causing problems with the Netflix app on the TiVo® and we are working with third party suppliers to get this issue fixed.

The main problem is that this issue only affects some customers, not all customers. We have a great deal of customers who don’t have any problems with the Netflix app. So the delay in the resolution is investigating what is causing this issue for the customers that do keep getting the buffering issue. 

While some customers will be experiencing this problem due to high demand in their area, others continue to get the problem and there are no network issues that could be causing the interference.  In areas of high demand, network improvement will need to be completed before the Netflix issue can be looked at, so this causes another delay.

Virgin Media are not ignoring our customers' complaints that the Netflix app buffering is a problem. Quite the contrary, we are working to provide a resolution to this issue, however due to the complexity of this fault, it is taking some time to get that resolution.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers and appreciate your patience while we are working on this issue.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri for that explanation.

For the first few months Netflix worked perfectly for me, then on July 31st there was a C130 error that lasted the whole day. For the next 2 week's, every time I started an episode I'd get buffering at 25% for 3 minutes then the TiVo would reboot, after which the episode would play with no problem.

Since then I get the, 'We cannot play this title...' error during most of the episodes. I am happy with this as it's a lot better than the buffering.

More than half of those happen at the time when a service connection or VCM connection starts.

I wonder if it's the TiVo that is intermittently losing it's connection that is causing problems with the Netflix, YouTube & iPlayer apps.

... Just a Thought...

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lurgod,

Thank you for updating us on the problem you are experiencing with the Netflix app on TiVo®.

It is very possible that the Netflix buffering (or YouTube faltering and BBC iPlayer pixilation/freezing) could be caused by the TiVo intermittently losing the network connection.

One way to check this is to see how many errors the TiVo is reporting. I would be happy to check out your TiVo connection and have a look at the signal strength and power levels to see if I can find any irregularities.

If you would like for me to do this, I'll need to take a few more details from you, and so I'll send you a private message.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Terri, I've replied to your message.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Tobyw1989
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Terri, I'm getting the same issue, twice this week in fact. Recently upgraded to Big Kahuna bundle and we often get full 158MB internet so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue (I might be wrong though).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lurgod,

Thank you for sending that information. I'm currently running tests now.

I'll be back in touch sometime today after I get the results. 

Speak soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tobyw1989,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Netflix app as well.

I wanted to let you know that I will be running some remote tests to your equipment today. I'll be back in touch with you on this tomorrow morning.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos