Menu
Lat36
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix stops working at 25%!

Netflix on my TiVo box hasn't worked properly for months now. I've called several times and always told it's an ongoing issue. From what I can see on the net it's been an issue going back years? I can't get through any films or episodes without it crashing out. I watched an Ep of the killing tonight and it crashed 4 times and now I've given up. I don't have this problem when watching via wifi on the smart tv which doesn't use TiVo. Therefore it must be the TiVo box. If no resolution by the new year then I'll be leaving VM. Plenty more options available and this service not working just isn't good enough! Very frustrated!!!! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix stops working at 25%!

In the Settings menu on TiVo - try logging out of Netflix completely and re-signing in in the App.

It is a very long running issue that is across several different platforms - not just TiVo - but some seem to have success after deleting the Netflix account on TiVo.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In the Settings menu on TiVo - try logging out of Netflix completely and re-signing in in the App.

It is a very long running issue that is across several different platforms - not just TiVo - but some seem to have success after deleting the Netflix account on TiVo.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Lat36
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. This seems to have worked. Actually managed to get through a whole episode

thanks again 

0 Kudos
Lat36
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it seems to have got worse. I can just about watch opening credits of any show before it crashes. Any ideas? So frustrating and disappointing 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lat36,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the Netflix hasn't been the best in the home, I'm glad that you've had some help from Ozsat.

I was able to run some tests on all services in the home and I was able to see a couple of issues that would need some attention. I'd like to explain a little more and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Fatherofbampots
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did this get sorted? I am having same issue and getting the run around from virgin. Netflix say it is 100% virgin fault. It's all over the web, lots of people having these issues yet nobody seems able to offer a simple fix or even accept there is a problem.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lat36
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no it's not resolved yet. It still happens. I keep meaning to book in an engineer to take a look per ben's message. But no time to wait all day for someone to come round. Deleting the app and reloading worked for a little while. I'll let you know if it's resolved once an engineer comes over. It's very annoying. Not sure how virgin can not fix it as watching streaming tv such as netflix is becoming much more the norm.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well my Netflix via TV has frozen at 25% at 10:30pm tonight whilst trying to watch The Tudors season 4 E4. I had to switch over to watch it on the PC where it's now playing OK  icon_scratch.png

0 Kudos