Menu
Jayforrest
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix slow

Hi,

My Netflix is extremely slow to load and slow to use once loaded, also all on demand services are slow. I have contacted Virgin who say there is nothing wrong with my TiVo box but is so bad I am thinking of leaving Virgin for another provider. Any suggestions before I leave?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix slow

I source Netflix via my bluray player very quick, and better sound to 5.1 system, I do find Netflix & YouTube are a bit slow on TiVo but not terribly bad. Maybe your signal is a bit weak these are not as instant as your tv service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayForrest Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, it's great to see new faces. I'm very sorry to hear that the Netflix isn't working as well as you'd liked. I've been running some tests and I can confirm that the TiVo itself is running smoothly with no known issues in the area and signals levels fine.

I would like to ask on what part of the shows you're seeing this on and also if there's more of a delay in the evening or all hours of the day?

Keep in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jayforrest
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

There is always a delay getting onto Netflix and when searching for shows and again when selecting show to watch, doesn't matter what time of day it is, I could make a cup of tea in the time it takes to get started! On demand is always slow when searching for programs and when waiting for program to load. 

Jay

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jayforrest,

Thanks for coming back to me so soon, I'd like to help but have hit a little bit of a speed bump, I'm unable to access some of your details and would need some further information before I run additional tests. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos