Menu
azurb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix slow on TiVo

Hi,

Netflix is VERY slow on my TiVo - takes ages to load, fast forward is unpredictable. I got another Virgin box upstair bu decided to not take TiVo there as I got old Amazon HD box where with run ot  subscription I can still use Netflix app for free and IT'S QUICK and responsive. Funny thing it uses WiFi (and it's not best spot for WiFi) where TiVo has cable network straight to box. Are you doing it on purpose? Realy trying to convince people to return to Sky?

0 Kudos
Scotscoder
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix slow on TiVo

Hi Azurb,

Try removing any old recordings that you no longer want to keep. Also do these following steps 

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. - Clear the cache, this helps the box to speed up a little bit. VM are aware of the issue too and I believe they are awaiting for more news to get this issue sorted. 

Kieran

-----
iOS and Android developer. Often known as the whiz of Excel in my working office.
0 Kudos
azurb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No change at all. Just curious why Amazon on WiFi connection can work smoother and quicker than apparently top range TiVo box on hardline???

0 Kudos
ph001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Probably because the latest bloatware software update that was forced to the boxes about a month ago causes RAM overflow errors and caching to the hard drive.