Menu
MarkPKO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Netflix randomly stops at 25%

I've had this problem for a while, but it seems to be getting worse.  I tried watching a film today and it must have stopped randomly 6 or 7 times and sticks at 25%, then eventually it will say there are connection problems with tvp-811 in the bottom right hand corner. I have to wait a minute or two and hit stop and play again before it will continue. 

It's not just films, as it's happened on some of the box sets I watch as well.  Netflix have never been a problem on my tablet or phone, just on the Tivo box.

I've searched online for a solution and see that people have been having this same problem since 2012!  Surely this can't still be unresolved? 

Mark

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix randomly stops at 25%

There are lots of posts with this issue.

I don't have problems on my TiVo but my PS3 sometimes stops at 25%.

The same issue is reported by BT-TV users of Netflix too.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkPKO,

Welcome to the Forums. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these disruptions when using Netflix.  We do currently have an issue that were investigating and working to resolve.  

At present we don't have a fix time we are scheduled for an update by this August.  We will work to resolve as soon as possible. 

If down the line you would like an update, give us a shout here and we'll be happy to help.  

I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Take Care.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
unamc90
Just joined
Message 4 of 77
Flag for a moderator

This is also happening to us, and has been for months now. We cannot watch a single episode of a tv show now without expecting this to happen, never mind a movie. I'm seriously thinking of asking for my money back if the best you can offer is a fix by August. This isn't what I signed up for.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi unamc90,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you're not getting much luck with Netflix currently. 

Do you have the same issues with other apps? 

It does seem as though this is something happening over other platforms not just TiVo®. We are keeping up to date with Netflix whilst they work to resolve this and will certainly update you guys as we do.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nigelr
Up to speed
Message 6 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Netflix on my TiVo has generally been fine (albeit painfully slow at loading), however I frequently get the 25% buffer stall on my PS4 and did so via Sony smart tv app too - all wired connections.

I suspect it's either Netflix or the way that Netflix traffic is being handled by Virgin (who remembers their form on peering?).  I've found Virgin to be unreliable at streaming video on demand generally anyway.  iPlayer is basically a write off most times, hence downloading shows to my pc on that.

Still, can't expect to have seamless streaming on an up to 100Mbit supercharged 'power of our network' connection can you?

Nigel

0 Kudos
nigelr
Up to speed
Message 7 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Why then, whenever I've spoken to Netflix support about this 25% 'issue', have they consistently denied any knowledge of a known issue their end and always suggest you as ISP are not delivering the traffic at a consistent enough speed?

What is it you've been investigating with them and which part of Netflix please?  I'll then personally follow up with their HO.

Time for some transparency I think, which I know Virgin don't do very well at the best of times.

Thanks

Nigel  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi nigelr,

Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing buffering with Netflix at the moment.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have checked out your box remotely and all looks great signal wise and there doesn't look to be any high demand affecting your connections.

Whilst we do have an issue we are investigating at present, this is relating to Netflix working through the TiVo® box.  If you're experiencing the same/similar issue through other devices then this will be something separate.

I've carried out some initial checks on your Broadband service and I've not found any issues standing out.  I'm not fully up to speed with Broadband checks so it will be worth posting on the Broadband Boards so they can look into this for you in more detail.

It would be great to hear back how you get on, keep us posted. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tben1987
Joining in
Message 9 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I too have experienced terrible buffering with netflix and also I player etc when using tivo. tivo box then crashes and requires netflix app to be restarted. I ended up giving up in the end and watching negligence through my tablet: completely spoiled the film! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi tben1987,

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption you're experiencing with Netflix through TiVo®.  

I have taken a look to see what's happening and whilst signal levels are ok there does look to be some higher than normal demand affect your connection.  Our network engineers are aware and are monitoring this.

The disruption should be minimal but at peak times is where you may see the impact more.

We'll be working to improve this.  Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos