Menu
Jacktraw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix problems

Hi, all new to this! My Netflix on the TiVo box is VERY slow or locks up! If I use my Roku I have no problems! Any suggestions or what should I do? There is a Ethernet port on the back of the box, if I feed it to the modem will this help?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix problems

I also found the Netflix app on the Tivo slow when I first tried and have never been back to it since.  It works fine on the Playstation or iPad for me so I just use them.  The VM forum team should be able to check your Tivo when they get to this thread in a few days time.

The Ethernet port on the back of the Tivo is to allow you to put it on your local network and then control the Tivo from the TV Anywhere app virtual remote control on your phone or tablet.  The Tivo can only use the modem that it has built in.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I also found the Netflix app on the Tivo slow when I first tried and have never been back to it since.  It works fine on the Playstation or iPad for me so I just use them.  The VM forum team should be able to check your Tivo when they get to this thread in a few days time.

The Ethernet port on the back of the Tivo is to allow you to put it on your local network and then control the Tivo from the TV Anywhere app virtual remote control on your phone or tablet.  The Tivo can only use the modem that it has built in.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacktraw,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix isn't working fully through TiVo®.  I have taken a look at your connection and whilst signal levels are fine, there is high demand occurring on the network at the moment.

I have escalated this to our network teams to investigate and work on.  This will cause buffering and slow performance type issues on all Apps through the TiVo®.  This will be particularly present during peak times.  

It can take some time to resolve these types of issue with high demand due to the nature of the work required to alleviate the high demand affecting the network.

If things don't improve by the end of the week, don't hesitate to give us a shout and request an update.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos