Menu
sarahcager
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix problems - ongoing!

I have had an ongoing issue with Netflix buffering and getting stuck at 25%, to the point where the service is unusable on the Tivo box and it's incredibly frustrating. It works fine on iPad. 

I have logged a number of calls with Virgin customer service about this and there has been no offer of a solution or explanation for this.

I'm at the end of my tether now, and I see that a few other customers are having the same issue. I am going to terminate the contract with Virgin if this is not fixable...

Especially as I've had a letter saying that Virgin prices are going UP!

Can anyone share a solution or advise me?

0 Kudos
carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix problems - ongoing!

Sadly it's the experience of many with the apps on Tivo. They just don't work well. The problems with the Youtube app are legendary..and despite many updates.. it's still awful. If you haven't got an alternative to stream Netflix on your TV, you could go for something like the Kindle Fire Stick which is cheap, intuitive and fast. For me, and it seems many here, Tivo in it's current VM guise is verging on being unusable. 

V6
200 Mbps
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Previous poster has summed it up nicely, the TiVo is not fit for purpose, the only way to get Netflix working well on your TV is via another product. I have a fire TV stick as I just gave up with the TiVo. I know is hurts when you are already paying virgin  for this service but it is a good product and puts the TiVo box to shame for on demand services.

Tags (1)
sarahcager
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions. I am very reluctant to spend more money on something I'm already paying for.

I'd like to know what Virgin's official stance on this is - are they planning to upgrade the Tivo boxes? Can someone from Virgin please comment? I can't get any answers when I phone customer services. Such a frustrating experience!