Menu
Angieh
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on tivo not working

For the last few months netflix on the tivo box will play but then buffer at 25% then says check my internet connection which is fine. It then says it cannot play this title. This happens every time now! Any ideas as to why? I've tried calling but never get through as my phone is rubbish!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on tivo not working

Hi Angieh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

We are aware there is an issue with Netflix and this is currently being investigated. There's no reference number I can give at the moment however once I have any updates, i'll let you know.

In the meantime you can use Netflix online here: www.netflix.com

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Angieh
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But this has been happening for months and I'm paying £5.99 a month for a service I can't use. The link is unhelpful as I don't want to watch it on my phone.
0 Kudos
Angieh
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying though. X
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angieh, 

You don't need to watch via a phone. You can also use a PC or Laptop Smiley Happy

I understand it's frustrating but as Netflix is a 3rd party company and they take the premium for their service, we wouldn't be able to refund you. 

The main platform is online, we just offer the app as an added bonus. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Angieh
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes but only if I have those devices.
Ok so is the app that you provide going to be fixed as I bought Netflix as it was advertised by virgin? If it isn't going to work on Tivo then I need to cancel my subscription.
Also it's only an added bonus if it actually works!
0 Kudos
stu00c
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath, Kath, Kath,

If offering Netflix on TiVo is "an added bonus", someone should tell your marketing department!

On THIS PAGE of the VM website, the marketing folk are saying wonderful things like:

"Netflix is perfect for watching on TiVo"

"As Netflix and TiVo are fully integrated..."

"Netflix is a super-fantastic way to watch thousands of movies and series around. And we think it’s made even better with our TiVo service. You can watch on your TV through TiVo"

This service is no added bonus; it is even listed on the channel guide now. This is a core offering and pretending it isn't won't change the fact.

The issue Angieh (and myself) are experiencing isn't an "inconvenience", it is a failure to deliver a service that we are paying for. And before you pull the "Netflix is a 3rd party company" line again, that is irrelevant - VM is selling a service that includes hardware and software (the TiVo box) that is supposed to give customers a good Netflix experience and that is not what all customers are getting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi both

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with the Netflix application on your TiVo box at the moment. 

As Kath has mentioned, we're aware of an issue with Netflix crashing on 25% and we're currently working towards a resolution. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience caused. 

If there's anything else we can help with, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gavin570
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am also experiencing problems and from what i can see it has been going on for sometime.

Can virgin explain what they are doing as "working on it" is not working.

0 Kudos
willsy33
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know this doesn't answer the question, but we had terrible connection issues with Netflix through the TiVo box right from the start. Luckily I'd just purchased a new Sony Smart TV and just use the Netflix app on that now. There's little to no buffering or throttling that used to be a constant hindrance if trying to watch a show or film through Netflix on the TiVo box.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos