Menu
simonmaher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TiVo

I can't even get in to Netflix App or channel on my TiVo - I click the app and it asks me to press 'Red' then sends me back to the app selection page. It never even enters the Netflix app. This happens consistently and I can't find any help on the My Virgin site. I've already worked out that the YouTube app doesn't work, now I can't use Netflix either! I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of choosing Virgin. Please help me to get Netflix working.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TiVo

what happens if you press home then go to search and discover then select netflix

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonmaher,

Thank you for posting in the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having a problem accessing the Netflix app on your TiVo®. 

I'm checking back with you to see if you had any luck with what dannylau advised you to try?  I have a few further questions. Do you get this problem constantly, or just during certain times of the day/evening/night? Could you also please reboot your TiVo® box and retry accessing Netflix? 

Please let me know if you are still having problems with this, as we want to help get this issue resolved for you. Drop us a line even if everything's working for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
simonmaher
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I did think I had replied to Dannylau but for some reason it hasn't shown here. His suggestions didn't work for me, I just get looped back to the same screen. This happens all the time, the three routes into Netflix just idle and send you in a cycle. I will try rebooting the TiVo ('off and on again' or a more methodical way'?) but it's sometimes not possible because in my shared flat there is often recordings in progress. I'll report back after I have tried a restart. Thanks, Simon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Sorry that the previous suggestions haven't worked for you.

Please do let me know how the service is after the TiVo® reboot. 

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
simonmaher
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I turned the TiVo off for a while last night and then switched back on. After a while Netfllix did come on and I was able to watch a film. Is it just a case of switching the TiVo off every so often or is there a more scientific way to reboot the box involving the menus? Thanks
Simon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm really pleased to hear you were able to get back on to Netflix.

Rebooting the TiVo® box every once in a while will help force a connection to our network. You could also do this by following these steps:

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
stevieray
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So am I -I have my mum round everyday she loves big band music on You Tube -hope it gets sorted while she is in the land of the living -doesn't seem anyone has a clue or the problem would have been resolved -get an ad in the paper Virgin asking for someone to step up and fix it -apparently issues have been happening for months ....
0 Kudos
simonmaher
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried the forced network connection as described above, which in itself worked, but Netflix will still not start despite having done that. I am going to try unplugging the TiVo, but it's not really the standard of kit I'd expect for the money I pay for the Virgin Media service, having to turn the box off and on again whenever I want to access any if the 'smart' features that are supposed to be a bonus or benefit of choosing Virgin. Is there no way I can just fix the TiVo so that it works as I would expect?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonmaher,

Thanks for coming back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the fault seems to be ongoing for you.  A reboot is a good thing to refresh every now and again but it isn't if you have to do this daily.

I have carried out some checks by connecting to your box remotely, all signal and power levels are fine.  Could you please try and access the BBC iPlayer and order a programme to see if this works?  If it doesn't, does it give you and error message or code?

If you can let me know and I can check further for you. Smiley Happy

Keep me posted.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos