Menu
olbrighty
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TiVo problem

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with the TiVo® service when viewing Netflix.

What is happening is that i could be viewing a film, and then for reasons known only to itself: it will stop, and the loading symbol will show on screen, start incrementing and then stop at 25%.

Quitting Netflix, and reloading the application does solve part of the problem, and i may get an additional 30 minutes of viewing time; but then it happens again.

I have attempted to do some basic network connectivity tests to ensure the box is still on the network, which it appears to be according to the box, and iPlayer, and various other apps will load, and run.  So it appears that the problem is with Netflix.

I'd like to stress that this does not happen all the time, and that for about 65% of the time it works fine.  But it its frequency is somewhat irritating to put it mildly, especially when Jason Statham is about to do his best Bruce Lee impression.

Does anyone have any helpful pointers as to how this problem can be solved? 

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TiVo problem

When you get the 25% buffering issue, is the second green light on the left of the box flashing?

There are many problems with the app. Some are VM's problem others are Netflix problem's.

If the issue happens a lot then I suggest rebooting the box before entering Netflix. It has worked for me in the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Olbrighty,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message to us, welcome into the Community.

I am sorry to read about the recent issues on the Netflix. I would certainly like to help and haven't been able to look into this. Can you please check your 'Inbox' as I've popped you over a PM.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
olbrighty
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No messages in inbox

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Olbrighty,

Thank you for writing back.

I've been abe to look into the TV services and especially the Netflix, I'm not really seeing anything of great value when it came to identifying a fault. I can see that the demand is low for the area and would like to ask if you're seeing this:-

• In the evenings and weekends or all day.
  • On any other apps suchs as Youtube or HEYU.
  • When the Netflix app is loading up or whilst viewing shows.

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos