Menu
Langy1976
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TiVo crashing

Does anyone else share my experience whilst watching Netflix via their TiVo box?

It's like having an ad break every 5minutes, as service crashes regularly no matter what time of day or what you are watching, 45min show took 80mins to watch last night!

I don't have this issue when watching Netflix via my phone or laptop using wifi so it has to be a TiVo issue.

Call logged with support and was told that the network isn't working as well as it should but the service levels required to result in an engineer being called haven't been reached so I just have to wait for that to happen.

He also insinuated that the bandwidth allocated to the TiVo box isn't sufficient to support video streaming. Why offer a service that you aren't able to deliver?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TiVo crashing

Hi Langy1976

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with Netflix on your TiVo box at the moment. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to speak to the team though.

If this issue progresses and you'd like someone to take another look, respond to the private message I've sent you with the requested information and I'll take a look right away.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bluedazza
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes this happens to me as well, the problem is that the internet crashes linked to your TiVo box, to prove this when you get the problem try and access an on demand channel like BBC iPlayer through the TiVo box and you will get a connection error.

Virgin Media will insist its a Netflix problem (from the posts I've seen) but it is clearly not.

Vineshk2406
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I too am having the same issues with netflix with the same error message.  i did contact Netflix and they said it was a problem with Virgin and not them.  This I believe it to be tru as I have been using the app and chromecasting to my TV which works fine.  Not ideal when I pay for the channel on Virgin TiVO

Please sort this out!!

Vinny

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vineshk2406,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

We are working with Netflix to try and get this resolved.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ste88883
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I get the same problems. There's the 25% of doom where Netflix just buffers and hangs. This happens regularly. Then sometimes Netflix will freeze and crash. Resetting works half the time but it ruins the experience. It's definitely not the internet connection because Netflix works fine on other devices. It's not the the Tivo box itself because BBC iplayer and other on demand services work fine. This is a problem with the Virgin Tivo box connecting to Netflix specifically and something that has not been fixed for over a year it seems. I'm probably going to cancel Virgin and stream through my laptop.
Langy1976
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My issue was eventually resolved following 2 engineer visits. Engineer 1 removed a signal adjuster (can't remember the technical name he gave it) that had been installed by a previous engineer. This improved the service slightly but we were still experiencing service disruption when watching Netflix.

Engineer 2 said there appeared to be no issues with the signal etc, and eventually he agreed to my suggestion that we change the TiVo box for a new one, it was a pain losing some of the recorded programs but it seemed the only logical thing to do.

Since then we have had a pretty much perfect service from Netflix via TiVo. So it might be an option for you to look in to.
Odin5
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem as everyone above, it's only started happening for the last three days. I get the freeze on 25% then TiVo reports that I may not be connected to the Internet. (which I am). When I go back to TV the channel I first turn to says that there is a problem with the connection and is not there but every single other channel is. When I switch off the box an switch it on again it's fine. There are two service problems in the area but are unconnected to Netflix. There has been mornings over the past month or so when on getting up in the morning the TiVo box is switched itself on overnight.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Odin5,

Just to let you know I have found your duplicate post and replied to it here.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TB52
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem ATM. Virgin implied it was Netflix fault but like you mine is fine on tablet and PC so this doesn't sound likely.
0 Kudos