Menu
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TiVo - USELESS

Have to say that the Netflix app on TiVo has recently become one big clunky mess. 

You press a button on the remote and then you have to wait 2 seconds before you get a response on the screen. Moving between the film tiles on Netflix just takes absolutely ages Smiley Mad

Last night, about three quarters into watching a film, the film suddenly stops and Netflix throws up an error saying something like " We're having trouble getting the content you requested, please try again later"?!?!? What the hell is all that about? 

Sorry, but TiVo may be good at being used to watch tv or record stuff but for apps - it's a big clunky mess. I for one will never again use Netflix on TiVo. Netflix on my Xbox One is SUPER SILKY SMOOTH - shame the TiVo cannot replicate this.........

Smiley Sad

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TiVo - USELESS

it's alright on mine, not silky smooth but perfectly usable, I'd say you have a slow download/upload speed on your tivo's built in broadband.

If Virgin could let you plug in an Ethernet cable connected to your hub that let people use there home broadand instead it would probably solve a lot of peoples problems

Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there deans6571, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues viewing Netflix through your TiVo® at the moment. I've done some investigations into this for you and can see no physical issues with your TiVo®, though I do see some traffic on your part of the network (and more so at peak times) which may well cause an issue. 

I've passed these details to our network technicians, and am currently awaiting a fault reference for this. As soon as I get something back I'll post an update here. 

Many thanks and apologies once again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there deans6571, 

As promised, I've now received the fault reference for this issue and it is F003911595. It's been given 28/09 as an initial fix date, however this will change once initial network investigations have taken place, and a review date will be issued, this will normally be after 7 days. 

Our network team will start work to provide more bandwidth, and then on the review date, they will look at the impact that their work has done to the network in order to see if further work is needed. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos