Menu
Captainalexis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not loading properly

Netflix. Channel and app not loading. Recurring fault despite restarting box. Netflix freezes at 25%. If fully loaded glitches within minutes replaced with either 'please try later or different title' or 'insufficient internet'. Netflix is very unstable both at current address and previous. Ran system test; all markers green. No known issues noted on Virgin media website.
0 Kudos
netflixdontwork
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not loading properly

I have this same problem! Googling suggests its a huge problem with many people complaining! I have made calls and virgin give the impression that they know nothing about this! TV is not great at the moment and using Netflix would be a perfect but it also freezes at 25% and is unusable 90% of the time.

I dont want to steal you post and make it about me but just have to say Virgin need to come clean. Personally i think it was an update done to the tivo boxes as it once worked fine and then all of a sudden the problem started and people starting complaining. 

Virgin need to be honest and inform us that they know there is a problem and give us time frames of when a fix will be in place.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not loading properly

Hi Captainalexis Smiley Happy

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting.

I have been looking into this and I'm sorry to read about the recent Netflix buffering that is happening in the home.

I have identified that there is some potential over demand in the evening and weekends and an outage is occurring. Our engineers areworking with some updgrades to support the extra demand and once fixed any issues like you have mentioned should cease. I have included some information below:-

Outage reference:          F004101146

Estimated review date: 24th August 2016

Please get back in touch sooner to the date and thank you again for posting.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
GeoffC1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix locking up Tivo box

Given the paucity of programming spread over 100s of channels, Netflix appears to be the best option. Instead of the usual buffering problems tonight, the Tivo box is completely locking up around a minute into a programme starting. Nothing on the remote will change anything, not even the off button. A hard re-boot with the power cable is the only fix. Is this normal?

0 Kudos