Menu
Harry610
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix login

I opened an account with Netflix through TiVo and all is well.  I had hoped to watch UHD content (House of Cards) and I have a new Samsung UHD Tv (Nov 15).  None of the series presented to me show UHD is available.  So I decided I needed to alter my subscription to a lower tier.  When I attempt to logon on to the Netflix website it does not recognise my logon details ( E-mail address in particular) even though the details I have provided are exactly the details I used to open my account with a free trial.  I am aware of case sensitivity etc.  I requested a password reset and Netflix has no record of my E-mail address. 2 questions can I get UHD content on Netflix using TiVo and why does Netflix recognise my logon details. Thanks in advance

one.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix login

The Tivo is not capable of showing UHD content. There should be a Netflix app for your Samsung TV that would allow you access to UHD content via your broadband connection.

Can't help with the login issue, I signed up via the Netflix web site and don't use the Tivo app.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Harry610
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ignoring the Netflix App provided by TiVo and creating a new account using the Netflix App provided by my Samsung UHD Tv solved my problem and I am able to utilise the UHD content offered by Netflix.  Whilst I initially created a Netflix account through the TiVo box (and I had no issue accessing non UHD content from Netflix) it would appear that any account you create within TiVo is bespoke to Virgin.  If you attempt to logon to Netflix using the details you provided when using the App provided by TiVo on another device (that is logging into Netflix website) your details are not recognised.  My only worry is that I may get billed twice. Once for the account setup through TiVo and once for creating an account direct with Netflix. I used the same E-mail and password to create a new Netflix account as I had provided with TiVo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Netflix app on TiVo is a standard Netflix app and it connects back to Netflix the same as the one on your Smart TV does. The only difference between the two is the ability to access UHD content.

So although I'm not doubting what you've said has happened, it shouldn't have happened. If you create a Netflix account through the app on TiVo it is a full standard Netflix account. It is not limited to Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Harry610
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben,

At the time I really wanted to just exploit my new UHD TV and thought of Netflix and decided to sign up to it through TiVo. When it came apparent I would not receive UHD content through TiVo I decided to down grade my subscription and logged into Netflix over my laptop. When I provided my login details the site did not recognise my Email address and that is when my issue started. As a result I took the advice from this forum and subscribed through my UHD TV, created a new account using my one and only Email address etc. I am pleased I did not downgrade. Oh and when I selected free Netflix trial, the site informed me I was not entitled, I believe this was because I had already used a free trial through TiVo, strange I know. Do you think I will get billed twice now?
0 Kudos