Menu
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Netflix - lasts approx 10mins and then buffers 25% and gives no coonnection and c150 code

Still having issues with watching netflix through the hardwired superhub 2.

Will be trying to phone in when i actually have time to sit around all day and wait to speak to someone. 

Is there any particular reason why it does this- its been like it now for a week or so.

Area 31?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - lasts approx 10mins and then buffers 25% and gives no coonnection and c150 code

On a TiVo?

It's not using your SuperHub, unless it's a V6.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - lasts approx 10mins and then buffers 25% and gives no coonnection and c150 code

Yes Tivo box- using the virgin netflix app.

What do you mean when you say its not using the superhub? How can it not be using it? How else does it work then- direct through the tivo box?

I do not have a v6. I was using the netflix app on the box,

I must admit i haven't tried the netflix button on the sony remote control yet though to see if that wokrs

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo uses Netflix direct through its cable connection, the V6 uses the SuperHub.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answer- already found it here though

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box
DianeSimons wrote:

I was having this problem on the Tivo but not the Ipads. I was getting extremely frustrated by it. 

I replaced my 5 meter long Cat 5 Ethernet cable that was a little stretched with a 10 meter cat 6 Ethernet cable. It hasn't cured it 100% but it's gone from several times a programme to once every 5 or 6 programmes. I call that a result. Not perfect but liveable.

The Ethernet port on the Tivo isn't used for streaming, so your change will have had no impact on the Tivo's ability to stream from Netflix.  The Tivo has a built in 10Mbps modem that streams Netflix via the white coax cable.  Any improvements you have seen are purely coincidental.  The Tivo's Ethernet port is only used to put it on your LAN so that the virtual remote in the TV Anywhere app can control the Tivo.

- It would seem then that i am not the only one with the same issue. 

At least i know it isn't the hub. i am guessing then it is either a faulty Tivo, coax or the app is not the correct version.

BrendaMorgan
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing the same problem, buffering at 25% and then messages of no connection and C130 coming up.  I wonder has anyone solved this problem?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

c150 is a virgin tivo error code

step 1 with any error code is google it !

all the hits on c150 error code are for Tivo

if you have an alternative route toNetflix e,g aNetflix button on your sony remote - try that instead., it will take a different route over broadband, bypassing theTivo.

PS Netflix is excellent in the edge browser on PC . full HD quality , same as the apps,

0 Kudos
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin the other day

- Went through to a chap in india- did as i was asked and then siad there was still an issue, he put me throuigh to someone in the UK

and was told

- Its a free app that virgin offer- You are better off using Netflix on your smart tv or tablet. Just because its free doesn't mean it shouldn't work!

- There is congestion on the line that is why the problem- I've only been in the new build for 2 years and never had an issue with the app until 2 weeks ago- Even asked why there would be that much congestion at 05:30 in the morning- they didn't have an answer.

- So to recap- nothing fixed and nothing done- It would seem that they do not really give a hoot or actually have answer.

- Oh it looks like you are on the 150 mbps- Err yes but do not be under any illusion that I actually get that at all! 

Then they tried to tell be i would be better off with the new V6 box- umm why would i pay for another service that you recomend when you cannot provide the first service for correctly in the first place?

0 Kudos
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

c150 is a virgin tivo error code- Also in that case Virgin offer free repairs of the boxes as that why the boxes are retained by them according to the small print as opposed to 'sky' where they are yours hence they can charge a warranty. So how do i get a new box then?

step 1 with any error code is google it ! Yep I also googled how rubbish Virgin are at sorting the issue as well surprising how many hits! Have you taken a read on the social media pages recently- doesn't read well at all!

all the hits on c150 error code are for Tivo- So what are they doing about it then if there is that many issues? 

if you have an alternative route toNetflix e,g aNetflix button on your sony remote - try that instead., it will take a different route over broadband, bypassing theTivo.

PS Netflix is excellent in the edge browser on PC . full HD quality , same as the apps, But my Pc is not in the lounge where i sit with my family and watch netflix! Bit pointless...

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Poisonspyder wrote:

cybmole wrote:

c150 is a virgin tivo error code- Also in that case Virgin offer free repairs of the boxes as that why the boxes are retained by them according to the small print as opposed to 'sky' where they are yours hence they can charge a warranty. So how do i get a new box then?

step 1 with any error code is google it ! Yep I also googled how rubbish Virgin are at sorting the issue as well surprising how many hits! Have you taken a read on the social media pages recently- doesn't read well at all!

all the hits on c150 error code are for Tivo- So what are they doing about it then if there is that many issues? 

PS Netflix is excellent in the edge browser on PC . full HD quality , same as the apps, But my Pc is not in the lounge where i sit with my family and watch netflix! Bit pointless...

this is VIrgin - the bug fix protocol is 1. dig hole in sand . 2 place head in hole 3. leave it a while.....  then blame netflix....

netlfix on Tivo has been buggy since 2014 - I don't need social media to tell me that, there's more than enough evidence on this forum. I  bypass it....

the PC thing was a PS just in case. [ it's my "upstairs " solution ]

Alternatively drop £30 - £40 on a Roku 2 & hardwire it to your hub ( via powerline if necessary- ) & HDMI to the TV. That is what I do, for the lounge . Your Netflix troubles will be over, and it's way faster at selecting netflix movies / shows than tivo will ever be. It does amazon video, i player ... also,

I think you mentioned Netflix on your sony ( blu ray ? ) try that for free... Netflix on Sony is fine except when Sony servers go down and all the Sony Smart apps become dumb as rocks until it's patched up again. 

OR you could scream a lot in the hopes of a V6 box, but search the forum and you'll see netflix is buggy on that als0, for some,