Menu
Gordonmac63
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps locking up at 25%, 2nd green led flashes at my wits end!

Netflix keeps locking out, I have had an engineer attend and have spoken with second line support, neither of which have cured the problem.

There is no mentions of an on going problem on your site

0 Kudos
sid49
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps locking up at 25%, 2nd green led flashes at my wits end!

I have the same problem. It has only just started happening constantly in the last week, before it was very intermittent

When watching a program the screen stalls and the buffer ring shows and counts to 25%. Meantime the second green LED starts slowly flashing. From what I understand this is indicating a connection lost between the Tivo and the Netflix servers.

I then run the test connection and it passes. I check the network status and there are 2 wired networks listed. The first is ok but the second has an ip starting 169.254 or 254.169 which usually means that there is not a real connection.

After running the network test for the third time it thows up server connection errors and when I look at the network status the second connection is blank. 

Shortly after I have done all this the connection restores itself. Takes about 5 minutes. This happens every 20 minutes or so. 

I contacted Virgin when it started happening and they put me on to Netflix, they wondered why I was speaking to them when it was obviously a Virgin Tivo problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gordonmac63,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Netflix cutting out.  I'd like to help check this further for you.  

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels.  The network side of things also looking good too.  

We are looking into this at the moment and I'd like you to try a couple of things for me if that's ok? 

I will send you a private message with further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sid49,

A warm welcome to you also to the forums Smiley Happy

I will be happy to look into your Netflix issue as well, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding this.

I have carried out some checks on your box and signal wise all looks grand.  There is a network issue affecting your connection.

This is down to high demand on the network and this has already been escalated to our network engineers to work on.  At present, we're due a review by the 2nd Dec15.  Due to the nature of the work required to improve the network it may take some time. 

If by the 2nd December things haven't improved feel free to give us a shout and request an update quoting reference number F003935575.

This is likely to affect other App's via the TiVo® as well mainly at peak times.

I'm here to help, if you have any other questions, please ask Smiley Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos