Menu
jennijuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps buffering at 25%

We are rapidly losing our patience with our TiVo box and Netflix. At random times during different programs or films it keeps buffering saying we have no internet connection. We tried testing the connection but it says it's all fine. We have to turn the TiVo box off/on repeatedly to get to watch a 45min program. We do NOT have these issues using other devices for streaming. After googling it seems a large amount of people have exactly the same problem but there is no clear answer or fix that has been published.

Can you tell me what we need to do to fix this please?
0 Kudos
supermanuel
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps buffering at 25%

We've been having the same problem for weeks now. The Netflix app is slow and clunky at the best of times but recently it's been unreliable and frustrating too. All other Netflix apps I use (Smart TV upstairs, iPad & laptop) are infinitely better than the VM app.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennijuk,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing disruption when using Netflix via TiVo®.  I would like to check further with you if you don't mind, does this happen when you're using other Apps like BBC iPlayer or YouTube?

If you don't normally use these apps could you please give them a try and let me know how you get on?

I have taken a look at your box remotely just to check for any possible underlying issues, all is ok signal and power level wise and there's no high demand affecting the network you're connected to.

If you can let me know if it's just Netflix via TiVo® that's affected, that would be great.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jennijuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We don't have any issues with iPlayer or YouTube, it's just Netflix. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it happens every 30mins or so (it has just happened again) it'll only work again if the TiVo box is turned off/on.

Do we need a new TiVo box?

It is also disappointing it has taken 4 days for a reply regarding this issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jenniuk

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have just had another look to see if anything has changed with the TiVo® signal/network. All is still looking fine right now.

At this stage there is no reason to change the box as there is no fault with it at present. We do have a known issue with Netflix buffering/cutting out at 25% which we are working to resolve. When we do get any new reports from customers we like to check for any other possible underlying issues that maybe contributing to this fault. As this has been ruled out, we're left with the known issue as I have mentioned.

Currently we don't have a specific fix time for the Netflix issue, we are working on a solution, as soon as we know more we shall let all who are affected know.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in our response time, as this is a community forum it can take up to a few days for a response. If you feel you require a more urgent response you can contact our team in other ways via 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line. Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us

If you do have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cod2209
Just browsing
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Typical rubbish response from  "!Forum Team" checked signal blah blah blah... FOLOWED A FEW DAYS LATER ABOUT KNOWN ISSUES ETC...

be Honest with people your hardware / software doesn't work  very well !!!! seen the same standard response from you people on other threads dating back 3 years or more......don't know how you can lie so easily and sleep at night

kmehra
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here and has been going on for 5 weeks.  I have heard all the excuses from the call centre staff.  I have done everything short of standing on one leg, holding my ears and cart wheeling across the room.  Switched on and off, removed the card and reinserted, have new cable laid from main box to home.  Originally been told that the problem results from deterioration of the internet unit in the TIVO box, so new box.  Now I am being told that this is a known software issue between TIVO and Netflix with no timescale for resolution.

This is quite amazing how the company fobs of their customers with a list of excuses hoping they go away and accept the crap service.  The contract is quite one sided, customers pay up and pray that they receive a good service.

0 Kudos