Menu
valerio983
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Netflix hang at 25% on TiVo and Amazon fire tv

I finally made it to have Virgin Media installed to my house after 13 months of emails and phone call. I live in an area with FTTH (fibre straight to my home), My speed is 200. 

..But since I got Virgin I cannot use Netflix anymore as I use to do with BT with a quarter of the speed!!!

Same on TiVo and on 2 Amazon fire TV Sticks that use to work nice before. Almost everything stop at 25%, even using the Media Hub as modem only.

I have read in previous post that this is a known problem going on for years now... Is there a solution to that??

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix hang at 25% on TiVo and Amazon fire tv

There is a problem with Netflix on any platform and not just in the UK that causes these symptoms and has been a problem for some time.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
byron_hinson
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's a virgin issue. Netflix finally confirm that. No sign of any fix from them.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

One of the Virgin people said on another post in the last couple of days that they're working with Netflix to help fix the issue but it's not specific to Virgin and affects all platforms and all providers. I've experienced the same issue myself when I was with Sky and it happens on my Smart TV, I don't use the Netflix app on the TiVo. I've seen reports of it happening in different countries on games consoles, computers and TVs.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
byron_hinson
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's virgin for most of this issue in the UK. I've tried three other broadband providers with the same hardware. All others work perfectly.

Do a Twitter feed search on the reports to Netflix. 90% of the UK Netflix users reporting it are on virgin.
0 Kudos
valerio983
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is definitely a Virgin Media issue as the same devices (the 2 amazon Fire TV stick) use to work simply fine the day before switching to Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've just spent quite a lot of time chatting to Netflix about this because it affects me as well. They acknowledge that it's a problem affecting everyone and blamed it first on "the internet" (because we can't control the internet my friend) and then on the wireless connection to my TV. I would imagine the large number of people reporting it as an issue on Virgin is because nobody else ships a set top box with Netflix pre-installed and a free Netflix subscription.

I managed to convince the Netflix guy to raise a case by wearing him down with some witty banter and thinly veiled sarcasm which he told me he enjoyed. In another thread on this forum I've asked the mods to get someone in Virgin's networks department to do some investigation as well.

0 Kudos
valerio983
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this? This issue is driving me mad, I switched to VM for having more speed, what is the point if I cannot use netflix???
0 Kudos
valerio983
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

One little update, I have tried to contact Netflix but they have the worst support existent. You have to talk with a guy that does not have any idea what he is doing and just try to suggest to reboot stuff...

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is a Netflix issue  -  have a look in the BT and TalkTalk forums and you'll see they have the same issues.

Only a few people have it but the problem is spreading across lots of devices and ISPs.

It is often fixed simply be logging out and back in again.

valerio983 wrote:

It is definitely a Virgin Media issue as the same devices (the 2 amazon Fire TV stick) use to work simply fine the day before switching to Virgin Media!

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos