Menu
RichM784
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezing

When I watch Netflix on my TiVo, the film often freezes partway through and the reload stops every time on exactly 25%! Occasionally happens watching Catch-Up TV too.

Sometimes it gets through a whole film without freezing, but this is rare. It usually goes quite a while before freezing - 50 minutes or more.

I have tried restarting the TiVo box, but the problem recurs. 

Any ideas, please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezing

Hi RichM784

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box, we're not detecting any individual issues with your service at the moment.

Are you noticing these issues occur at a certain time of day?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RichM784
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezing

Thanks, Craig

Unfortunately the problem continues and happens at any time of the day, it appears. It is both Netflix freezing (always returning to 25% exactly when it tries to reload) and also problems with iPlayer freezing. It can happen at any time in the programme/film - sometimes ner the beginning, sometimes in the middle, sometimes near the end - no set pattern.

It is really irritating! The only temporary solution appears to be to reset the TiVo box - which takes quite a while (and obviously should not be needed). Sometimes I've given up and watched on laptop instead - but not so good when there are several of us watching! 

I do hope you will find a way to remedy this very soon as I am not happy paying my monthly bills while I am having repeated problems with the service.

Thank you

Richard

0 Kudos