Menu
andyf1309
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezes when watching tv episodes

Hi

When I am watching tv episodes on Netflix, I constantly getting a buffering action and when the re-load gets to 25%, the pictures freezes and I get a message saying that I need to check my internet connection. This only happens on Netflix, and not on normal tv, and my interenet connection is absolutley fine. The only way I can then continue to watch my programme is to unplug the box at the mains, turn it back on again and have to log into Netflix again. This can happen 3-4 times in a 1-hour episode and is VERY annoying!. I have tried the usual things like swithcing the tivo box off and on again, but nothing seems to help.

I have tried a couple of times to call Virgin for help, but I can never get through to a human being!

If someone from Virgin could help, I would be most grateful.

Andy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezes when watching tv episodes

Hi andy1309,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this disruption when using Netflix via the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help out here.

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely just to rule out any other underlying issues.  Your box from here all looks great signal and power level wise.

We currently do have an issue that is being worked on by our fault teams relating to this fault.  It has been ongoing for some time and we hope to have this fixed soon.  As soon as we know more we shall let you know.

Netflix should still work through any other device that connects to the internet in the meantime. 

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TT1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Collette,

I have the same problem and I note that Virgin are aware and have been working on a solution for months.

Do you have an ETA for this?

This is incredible frustrating

T.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TT1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're also affected by the issue with Netflix.  Currently we don't have a specific fix time, we're hoping to have an update very soon.  Our teams are working on a solution so we will have this resolved at some point.  I'm sorry that I couldn't be more specific at present.

As soon as we have something to share, we will let you know.

In the meantime I have carried out some checks on your box to rule out any possible underlying issues and all looks fine from here with the signal and power levels which is great to see.  

Thank you for your patience.

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andyf1309
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Is there any update to this issue yet? This has now been an issue for over 3 months with no sign of any updates, let alone a fix. If this continues I will have to cancel my subscription to Netflix and Virgin as this situation is untennable.

Please could you provide an update as to what is happneing and when we can expect a resolution?

Andy Franks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyf1309,

Many thanks for coming in and posting your message on the boards. I'm sorry that there's been a delay in the reply.

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing this over the past months and I'd like to offer some help and support.

I've been monitoring this and a fault has been generated recently to do with the demand for services in the area. We have engineers working with upgrades in the area to support this. When completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

The Networking team will be carrying out some work on this as soon as possible, here is the fault reference number F004131706  and the estimated review date is the 11/012/16.

Many thanks for your time.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos