Menu
A1singy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezes at 25% buffering

I have looked and there are reports of 25% buffering on TiVo Netflix since way back when. I have no problem with Netflix on my iPad, but on my to it invariably stops at 25%. Sometimes I get audio but the screen still shows it buffering. I have switched on and left it off for over 5 minutes, and rebooted, as suggested on previous threads but still no good. Prior to it doing this, I always had an issue when it I try to stop an episode or pause it, I continue to hear audio for about 45 seconds, then when I play again, I get visual but no audio!
Has VM got a solution?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezes at 25% buffering

Hi A1singy

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment. 

Some of our newly installed customers are experiencing an issue where it kicks you back to the main menu, are you experiencing this at all? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
A1singy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

No I'm not having any problems with it kicking back to the main menu, in fact I have no problems with anything other than Netflix buffering! 

Kind regards

Singy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi A1singy,

Thanks for your reply.  

I have taken a further look into this for you and I have found there is some high demand on the network your TiVo® is connected to.  I have escalated this to our network engineers to work on for us.  This will cause buffering problems, especially during peak times.

There is an issue we are working on regarding Netflix buffering and cutting out at 25%, I hope that we can have this resolved very soon.

In this instance you are also being affected by a separate issue that will be contributing to this buffering problem which is high demand on the network.  If by the end of next week things haven't improved, please feel free to request an update.  We will be able to check this out for you.

The reference number for this is: F004371371.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
A1singy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I will check again, as two days ago it was still having issues with the 25% buffering.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi A1singy,

I just wanted to pop by give you an update.  We're still working to resolve the high demand issue affecting the network.  

It has been reviewed and at this point more work is required.  There is a new ticket reference which is F004371499 and our next review date is 22nd June 16.  

I'm sorry that this has not been resolved yet.  If by the time the new date has come and gone and things haven't improved with buffering on the Netflix App then give us a shout.  We can check on our progress and give you an update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos