Menu
Polska_07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix cutting off on TiVo

Hi,
I have seen this post on this forum for almost a year now.
I have been attempting to watch a 50 minute documentary on Netflix via my TiVo and I am now well over an hour and a half into the session however it constantly cuts off ever 5 minutes and says that I am not connected to the Internet.
When I try to watch the footage from where I left off it loads to 25% and freezes.
In this day of age and the amount of money that I spend per month I would appreciate being able to sit and watch Netflix without it cutting off every 5 minutes.
Having read previous posts they ask for times etc of when this happens....it is constantly. No set times at all.
Surely there is something a company the size of Virgin Media can do, if not please be up front and let me take my custom elsewhere.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix cutting off on TiVo

So when you called in to complain, what did they say to you ?

0 Kudos
Polska_07
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't phoned in yet as I have been working shifts. Was hoping to receive a full explanation and result via here....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Polska_07

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing when trying to watch Netflix at the moment. 

We're currently investigating an issue where Netflix stops on 25% using the latest firmware on the TiVo. We're hoping to identify a resolution as soon as possible. 

Is the heartbeat light flashing on the front of your set top box at the moment? Do you know when you started experiencing this issue?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Polska_07
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

From previous posts it appears this issue has been happening from as late as April 2015....is there any idea on when this may be resolved?

I've only recently started using TiVo to watch Netflix however every time I attempt to watch something it happens.

I'm currently watching Netflix, on the TiVo box there are two solid lights next to one another on the left hand side of the box. No flashing lights at all
0 Kudos
Polska_07
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

....further to my last post. After sending that Netflix cut off and loaded to 25%. The light on the TiVo box began to flash at this point
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Polska_07,

Thank you for your reply.  I have been taking a look into this for you, currently there is an issue on the network where high demand is occurring.  This can cause buffering issues, cause programmes to not run fully and cut out.

This has been escalated to our network engineers to resolve as soon as possible.  This will cause issues with other Apps as well as Netflix.  Work like this can take some time in order to alleviate the high demand affecting the network.  Our engineers will work to make the necessary improvements to resolve this.  

Currently work is being carried out but may be up to July 16 before this is resolved.  If by then the issue is not resolved or improved, please don't hesitate to give me a shout and request an update.  The reference number for this is F003811266.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused during this time.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out