Menu
BlueNile
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix buffering

Hi,

Netflix buffers during playback which makes movies painful to watch.

On a separate issue, wireless connections often drop out.

No recent changes to any equipment, etc.

It'll be great if someone from tech can run their usual checks,

Thanks in anticipation

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix buffering

Hi BlueNile, 

Thank you for your post Smiley Happy

Looks like you've had a few hiccups here that i'd like to help out with. I can see that you've mentioned using the Netflix but with no mention of which being used on the TiVo. Is this happening on TiVo or whilst viewing the shows online?

I've been looking into all services and not found anything that is standing out as an issue, although your TiVo could do with a reboot Smiley Happy

Looking at the broadband side of it that's looking healthy too, with no signal level issues and no outages in the area. 

When you try to view Netflix, can you tell me what percentage it gets stuck at if at all? 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BlueNile
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Apologies for my late reply and thanks for checking things out for me.  I don't often watch Netflix but had (for the first time via Netflix) watched a movie with the kids and it was pretty awful, hence my post.  However, I've subsequently found that my daughter had accessed Netflix on this occasion via an Amazon Firestick, so it wasn't via the Tivo at all. I've checked the same movie via the Tivo app this evening and it was fine but via the Firestick, same problem.  Except of course it isn't a problem in that the Tivo works fine.  I received a new router today (to upgrade from 152MB to 200MB) and the early signs are that the signal drop outs to wireless devices in the house that I have been plagued with have improved, so that's good news  - I've rebooted the Tivo as you suggested too.

So, thanks again and I'll check things out a bit more thoroughly before posting next time!

Best wishes,

Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlueNile,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

This sounds like a job for your Network and WiFi team to take a look at for you.  If you drop them a post there they can check out in more details what's going on and hopefully provide some solutions for you.

It would be great to hear how you get on, keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos