Menu
byrnepadj
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix buffering stops at 25% month after month!

I'm having a constant issue with Netflix buffering at 25%. It's been happening for months and I'm at the end of my tether with it! I've turned TiVo on & off but still it happens.  Tech support claim there is no issue and Netflix UK say it's not their problem.  We have been having frequent broadband outages due to local virgin engineering, but this problem is the most persistent of all and we are looking for alternatives to the Virgin TiVo box.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix buffering stops at 25% month after month!

Hi brynepadj,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting buffering when using Netflix.  I have taken a look at your TiVo® box remotely to look for any potential underlying issues causing this, all is looking fine with the signal and power levels.  I have also had a look at the network side and there's no high demand either that is contributing to this.

There is an issue that we're working on to alleviate the buffering and cutting out at 25% and we have been working on this for a while now.  At the moment we don't have a time scale of when this may be resolved yet, as soon as we know more we shall share this with the community.

I'd also like to know a bit more if you don't mind, will you get any buffering issues when using BBC iPlayer or YouTube?  If you don't normally use either of these Apps, can you please give it a try and let me know how you get on?

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
byrnepadj
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix buffering stops at 25% month after month!

Thanks,

we have had no problems with Iplayer, until recently Youtube was frequently slowing down or stopping but currently OK.  after a long period of frustration with all the engineering works at Virgin on top of the problems with Netflix [serious because we are addicted to House of Cards] we bought an Amazon Fire stick and this has solved all our problems.  As the fires stick goes straight into our receiver for some reason the picture quality and sound are even better than Virgin and Iplayer is much faster than on Virgin.  Since we have our own subscription to Netflix, we only need the Broadband connection to make it work.  Obviously we still need Virgin for most other TV channels.

0 Kudos