Menu
softball
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and Tivo

I have complained to VM about the problem with Netflix - about 5 mins viewing and I get problem message and it only downloads to 25%. This has been going on for about six months.Virgin Media the first time lied to me and said they acknowledged this problem and were rolling out new software to resolve it. Apparently the service should improve within a week - that was months ago and nothing  has changed.

Two weeks ago I spent about 30mins on the phone to VM as I was passed from one department to the other I probably spoke to at least four people. Finally I get through to the TIvo department and they acknowledged the problem and said they would run a 72 hour test on my Tivo box and that someone from Virgin Media would call to let me know the prognosis and work out a way to solve.

Nothing so far. 

Extremely disappointed - 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Tivo

Hey Softball Smiley Happy

Welcome back and thank you for your time and sharing your experience Smiley Happy

I have been looking into this and my apologies for the disruptions, there seems to be a blanket fault that exists in the meantime. Whilst this is being worked on, it will overshadow any diagnostics I can do right now and it would be great to see how things are looking after tomorrow. I've included some details:-

Fault reference: F004817205

Review date:      17/10/16

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
softball
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben

I have been in touch again on the phone and there was no record of the 72 hour Tivo monitoring. The chap was very helpful this time and we discovered there may be a fault on my Tivo box and a technician is visiting tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Softball,

That is great news that there is someone out to you soon Smiley Happy

I was unsure whether to send someone out in the event that they are pulled back at the last minute due it being resolved from the outage, not to waste anyone's time and especially yours Smiley Happy

Give us a shout on how the visit goes tomorrow so anyone following this thread can see it's completed Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
softball
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Just when I thought at last after my first complaint in July something was going to be done and I was to receive a visit from a technician I have received a text saying the appointment has been cancelled due to a network problem in my area. My situation has nothing to do with any network problem and anyway my network is fine its my TIVO that is faulty yet the appt has been cancelled.

Would appreciate some news from you. I took tomorrow morning off to allow access.

jB

softball
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No fix the text was total hogwash there was no problem with the network
I have a broken TiVo I had an appt which was blown out by text for a suspect a fictitious reason. Guess what despite a further text saying fix successful re network I'm staring at a Netflix screen saying your device has lost its connection to the internet -
My connection is fine my TiVo is sick
Please - some real help in the form of an appointment with tech to fix my TiVo I'm begging you!!!!
0 Kudos
softball
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ben can you help me.
I need a techie to come and fix my TiVo.
Best, Jamed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi softball,

I'll get this sorted while Ben is away.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange to rebook your appointment.

Speak soon!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos