Menu
Bramble16
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix - We're having trouble playing this title ...

Whenever I watch films on Netflix, I don't get even halfway through the film, and it starts buffering to 25% amd then a message is displayed "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment.  Please try again later or select a different title".

No matter what I do, the film won't play.

Is there anything you can do to help.  It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - We're having trouble playing this title ...

Hi Bramble16,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with Netflix when trying to watch your favourite films. I have gone in to the account to see if I can see any obvious reasons as to why this is happening. 

Your box stats are looking pretty good in terms of signal levels and input levels. The area is looking good too so I'm not seeing why this would be happening. 

Have things improved since you last posted? If not, give the TiVo® a complete reboot to see if this helps.

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bramble16
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There's been no improvement.  It's still doing it Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bramble16, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies to hear that things haven't improved Smiley Sad 

What film are you trying to view? 

Is it at the same place, time wise, each time the freezing on the 25% mark occurs? 

Do you get this on other films?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bramble16
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've been trying to watch films on Netflix over the weekend and it has been impossible to see the whole of the film.  At least 3 times through each film, the same message came up " we're having trouble playing blah, blah" and it kept buffering to 25%, and the same message would appear.  A 11/2 hour film seems to take about 3 hours to watch.

I've cleared the box completely doing a factory reset, and I'm at a loss to know what to do now.  Can you please help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bramble16

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing.

I've taken another look at your box and we're not detecting any issues, are you finding this issue happens at certain times of the day?

Look forward to hearing from yo

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bramble16
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

It does it, no matter what day it is, what time of day it is, weekends, Bank Holidays and probably will still be doing it on Christmas!!

Perhaps, it is nothing to do with the box, but with our connection?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bramble

Thanks again for the fast response, when testing the connection we're not detecting any issues, I'll request that we monitor the connection to the set top box to get a better idea of what's happening.

To allow me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos