Menu
mcscoobs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix, TiVO and Surround Sound

I'm baffled. In my old house, I had my Tivo connected to a 5.1 surround sound, no issues. All apps (mainly netflix) played through the surround sound, no problems at all - bar the extreme slowness.

So I moved house last week, connected everything back up - I get sound from all Virgin channels through my surround sound, but when I launch netflix via the apps, I get picture, but no sound. How can it work a fortnight ago and not now? I'm so confused. The only thing that's changed (apart from location!) is the fact that the TiVo box was replaced by Virgin, as was the router, as the engineer said it's different equipment due to different locations? Not entirely sure what he was on about, but it was a like-for-like swapout.

Anyone got any ideas? To be fair, it's not the end of the world, it's just annoying not knowing why - though i've pretty much given up attempting to use netflix on Tivo, preferring my smart TV (without surround sound), or using Apple TV, both of which show up the TiVo box for how slow it really is!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix, TiVO and Surround Sound

Hi mcscoobs,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you have a loss of sound via Netflix through TiVo® since the box was swapped out.  It is an odd one, I will be happy to help figure this out with you if you like?

Also is the cabling setup the same as before in terms of connecting the audio equipment to the TiVo®?  

Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you connect? Is it HDMI or optical for surround sound
0 Kudos
mcscoobs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

The cabling is exactly the same - I just can't figure out why I can sound through the TiVO box at all times, other than when netflix app is in use! I haven't tried any other apps yet though.
0 Kudos
mcscoobs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth - it's just HDMI
0 Kudos